Forum Index > Trip Reports > Placer Lake: 09/11/2021
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostSun Sep 12, 2021 1:38 am 
I've been curious about the Morse Creek basin for some time. Parked by the old cabin around 3pm and walked up the road for a mile to the well maintained Morse Creek cabin. This would be such a wonderful place to spend a night or two, but I believe only forest service personnel have access to it.
We backtracked a short distance before heading west on the trail to Placer Lake. After 0.75 mile and a brief stint of steep uphill, we found ourselves at the shores of the peaceful lake. For the next two hours, we snacked on blueberries, ate dinner, and explored the beautiful basin.
We headed back down when the sun dipped below the western ridge. Back at the car just before sunset. Didn't see another soul all day, although we did hear some rustling and saw quite a bit of fresh bear poo along the way. If anyone knows anything about the history of the cabins, I'd love to hear it.

Lindsay, neek, RichP
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
John Morrow

John Morrow
PostSun Sep 12, 2021 6:44 am 
I am not sure who owns them with that US Gov placard, but contact the Yakima Cascadians. They have access to them and organize winter trips into there for members, I believe.

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”-Mary Oliver “A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.” ― MLK Jr.
timberghost

timberghost
PostSun Sep 12, 2021 8:03 am 
Cool pics, way to get the dogs out to enjoy the outdoors.