Forum Index > Trail Talk > Dog poop bags
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Apr 24, 2021 1:30 pm 
I can sum it up thusly. A bazillion people have moved to this part of the country. They bring all their things and critters along. Most of you have not observed the old rule of making sure that any picture you post is hellish and taken on the most miserable day of your life. You've posted sunny day scenic pictures and even encouraged more people with their dogs and cars and stuff to move here. Now they all want to run around in the scenic places and are doing so. We've always had dogs and horses and people and even cows and sheep in the wilderness and nice places. It's just that now there are so many people, dogs and horses. Get used to it, it's another product of over population. Encourage those folks to move to Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, etc. Post pretty pictures of Kansas. Encourage people to leave. Remind folks of the soon to come Big One, or how eaten away the NW side of Rainier is, or show them pictures of last year's smoke fest.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities

dixon
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSat Apr 24, 2021 1:43 pm 
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Apr 29, 2021 1:15 pm 
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Apr 29, 2021 4:52 pm 
Get the Legislature and Inslee to offer a $0.25 per poop bag redemption value. Broke people with no dog will scour the trails for the bounty.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Apr 29, 2021 7:29 pm 
Randito wrote:
Get the Legislature and Inslee to offer a $0.25 per poop bag redemption value. Broke people with no dog will scour the trails for the bounty.
Not really a bad idea except...the Broke People will simply poop in the bags themselves. Some are pretty full of crap, they could make bank!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

reststep
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Randito wrote:
Not really a bad idea except...the Broke People will simply poop in the bags themselves. Some are pretty full of crap, they could make bank!
Sales of high fiber breakfast cereal will sky rocket.

DingoDad
Hikes with Heeler

DingoDad
Hikes with Heeler
PostMon May 31, 2021 3:08 pm 
As a dog owner, well, I have a Cattledog, which pretty much owns me, nothing strikes a cord than seeing poop bags left on the trail. I have picked up more bags of other peoples dog poop bags than Gus has filled on any trail. It's frustrating for me as a dog owner who is responsible to see these people do this. shakehead.gif But please do not group all dog owners into this category, we are not all like that and in fact those people make it hard on those of us who are good folk and just want to spend time out in the woods with our dogs. Cheers!

"What you are afraid to do is a clear indication of the next thing you need to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson Hiking with Gus YouTube Channel
Seattle_Wayne

Seattle_Wayne
PostSat Jun 05, 2021 5:14 pm 
I hiked up to Colchuck Lake last week and saw some dog poop on the middle of the trail near the trailhead. And this is a no dog zone. Wild.

Vesper Peak
Brian R

Brian R
PostSat Jun 05, 2021 10:34 pm 
Maybe it was poop from a wild dog? They're back out there now. Last heard howling near Irony Mountain.

RichP

RichP
PostSun Jun 06, 2021 9:03 am 
Seattle_Wayne wrote:
And this is a no dog zone. Wild.
I've seen dogs at Colchuck. Some people apparently don't see the "No" on the signs.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Jun 06, 2021 11:17 am 
Seattle_Wayne wrote:
I hiked up to Colchuck Lake last week and saw some dog poop on the middle of the trail near the trailhead. And this is a no dog zone. Wild.
That rule applies only applies to people who don't bring dogs.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 1:35 pm 
I was going to bump this thread up b/c I stumbled on an article about this problem today while looking for something else pet-related. But I see that cyclopath had beat me to it. The article in question says the following re "biodegradable/compostable" dog bags:
Quote:
the compostable bag dissolved in seawater in three months
Three months! My food compost bags (the BioBag brand) which I use to line my kitchen compost bucket start leaking and falling apart within a week if there's too much wet stuff in there. Hmmmm. The box says change your biobag every 3-4 days, and that they're mfg from "resin" imported from Italy. Double hmmm. Maybe dog walkers should start using "Biobags" and dog poop bags should be used for kitchen waste, although there's a size problem. huh.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 2:32 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
lol.gif You're such a card. ~z

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 3:34 pm 
zephyr wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
lol.gif You're such a card. ~z
No, it only applies if it specifically names the person and their dog, otherwise it is meant for all the others. You see if everyone else follows the rule then that means I don't have to as only my dog will be here and only one dog is really no big deal!

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostThu Sep 16, 2021 8:54 am 
RichP wrote:
I've seen dogs at Colchuck. Some people apparently don't see the "No" on the signs.
- "But my dog is friendly" - "If you don't like it you should go somewhere else." - "That's not a law" - "You're the only person who has a problem with it." - "You're the only person my dog has a problem with; it must be you." - "I'll pick up the bag on the way down." - "No, I never forget." - "He's not bothering anyone." All things I've heard people say. One of these days I might just drop trou and leave a deuce on the trail right in front of them. "I'll pick it up on the way down."

If not now, when?

RayD