Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostMon Sep 20, 2021 7:22 am 
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Sep 20, 2021 2:08 pm 
I've been seeing posts about this on Facebook. She was on a road trip with her boyfriend. He drove her van back to Florida without her, and refused to answer questions about her whereabouts.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostMon Sep 20, 2021 6:00 pm 
there have been so many of these and other killings in cities it is almost as if society morales have broken and including the infrastructure of the country......better hunker down and be prepared, I have a gut feeling it is gonna get worse!!!.... comments???

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Sep 20, 2021 6:07 pm 
Lots of chatter about it on Reddit, youtube and the WY/CO news; now just being picked up by NY Times et al. The FL police kind of really screwed this one up. They didn't have probable cause until now to arrest the BF, but they should have been clandestinely monitoring his movements. At this point he's either committed suicide in a FL reserve where finding his body would be near impossible, or it was a ruse to throw local LE off as to his whereabouts while he made a getaway. mad.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood

rocknclimb
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 8:43 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
in cities
You mean like this one? Which metropolis did this occur in?

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 9:20 am 
One white woman goes missing and it's a media firestorm, meanwhile over 700 native American women have gone missing in the last decade from Wyoming alone with scant attention. https://www.insider.com/710-indigenous-people-missing-in-wyoming-where-gabby-petito-disappeared-2021-9

Josh Journey, RumiDude, chilge, coldrain108, kiliki
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 12:47 pm 
oh contrare my dear randito::::I dont know what wyoming is doing, MONTANA MISSING INDIGENOUS PERSONS TASK FORCE https://dojmt.gov/mmip-home/ https://www.krtv.com/news/mmip/governor-signs-two-bills-addressing-missing-and-murdered-indigenous-persons-crisis

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 4:26 pm 
Randito wrote:
One white woman goes missing and it's a media firestorm, meanwhile over 700 native American women have gone missing in the last decade from Wyoming alone with scant attention.
Not to minimize the point you made, Randito, but part of the reason this particular white woman has gotten national media attention has to do with social media and its tendency to take things viral; especially since the victim and her BF had a big SM presence. Same thing happened with the local Sam Sayers disappearance, made larger b/c her mom was all over social media and multi-level marketing.

zimmertr
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 4:30 pm 
Not to minimize the tragedy in this story, but this belongs in Full Moon Saloon. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 4:33 pm 
True enuf, Rumi. I'll ask Tom to move it.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 6:50 pm 
you move this post then move the other ones that deal with missing persons also!!

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 6:52 pm 
CD - those other threads were about missing hikers or climbers; this isn't a lost hiker story.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 7:35 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
Not to minimize the point you made, Randito, but part of the reason this particular white woman has gotten national media attention has to do with social media and its tendency to take things viral; especially since the victim and her BF had a big SM presence. Same thing happened with the local Sam Sayers disappearance, made larger b/c her mom was all over social media and multi-level marketing.
I think the reason some of these cases get traction in the social media universe and some don't has something to do with how people view the person. This lady and Sam Sayers were both pretty, young, white, and enjoyed relatively privileged lives. Enough people find that more relatable, or maybe more aspirational, that it's easier for them to go viral. But you're right and have a good point that in the Sayers case the mom and BF were also extremely savvy with social media and put great energy into it.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 8:45 pm 
I am missing both one my son's and our male Siamese cat, they both walked away and never came back. Maybe they didn't like it here in Verlot anymore, I did feed them well though, and I'm not a terrible cook. hungry.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 pm 
Coroner confirmed today the remains are Gabby's, and cause of death ruled homicide. Police searched the home of the parents of the bf, where the couple had been living. They were engaged. Unless they knew their son murdered his fiance, I can't quite wrap my mind around them refusing to speak to her parents or help even the slightest possible bit while she was still missing. I sincerely hope they end up getting charged w/ something, obstruction of justice or whatever. It's unconscionable that one set of parents did that to another set of parents, especially when Gabby had been a part of their lives as well. Appears their desire to protect their son caused them to lose all sense of human decency.

Anne Elk