Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > NHL in Seattle
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
simont

simont
PostSun May 02, 2021 6:16 pm 
As a Vancouver Canucks hockey fan I would like to welcome the Seattle Kraken to the NHL. I think that the rivalry between the two clubs will be awesome. I already know that the Vancouver Giants versus the Seattle Thunderbirds are “robust rugged” games. I can’t wait.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSun May 02, 2021 8:27 pm 
I wish the Amtrak Cascades schedule would accommodate up the afternoon before, and back the next morning, and vice versa.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun May 02, 2021 8:28 pm 
Well we were Sens fans and are used to disappointment.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue May 04, 2021 10:00 am 
simont wrote:
I already know that the Vancouver Giants versus the Seattle Thunderbirds are “robust rugged” games.
My experiences with Thunderbirds hockey was: "there was a fight and a hockey game broke out". Seemed like more than 1/2 the contest was spent in a glove tossing scrum.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostTue May 04, 2021 11:42 am 
Old time hockey. Like Eddie Shore.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostThu May 06, 2021 9:31 pm 
Simont: Appreciate the welcome....Interesting to see this rivalry renew after so long. Back in the 1960`s, the Vancouver Canucks (before they joined the NHL in 1970) regularly faced off against the Seattle Totems in the WHL at the Seattle Coliseum and it was loads of fun. After the Canucks joined the NHL, we Seattle hockey fans longed to join the NHL as well, but nothing ever happened; and now finally after decades of waiting, Seattle finally has an NHL franchise. Looking forward to seeing that North South International rivalry back!

JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostFri May 07, 2021 9:16 am 
Good history with the Metropolitans, Totems, Breakers, and Thunderbirds. Am I missing any? Probably. And Seattle has already won the Stanley Cup!

JimK

JimK
PostFri May 07, 2021 9:20 am 
Well not nothing. 47 years after Seattle was granted an expansion franchise it will finally have an NHL team. The Franchise That Never Was

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostFri May 07, 2021 8:26 pm 
The Breakers/Thunderbirds was my favorite form of entertainment through high school and college. Blew off a lot of steam at the arena. My favorite memory was (someone) chucking a bloody beef heart on the ice in the aftermath of a fight. Much better than a salmon. The players didn't know what to think of it after gently prodding it with their sticks.

simont

simont
PostFri May 07, 2021 10:10 pm 
Before the gloves start coming off I would just like to mention that years ago when I was doing the Bi-annual trip to Yosemite that the Squamish group always had a strong affinity for Seattle climbers. I just about always ended up sharing the campsite with them. So I like to think that Vancouver and Seattle have always had a great love/hate relationship. p.s. Canucks is not Coast Salish for "perpetual losers" although recently it just feels that way.

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostFri May 14, 2021 4:39 am 
Me too! I grew up in Detroit. The rivalry vrs Toronto and Chicago was great. Loved going to see a game vrs the red wings in either of those 2 cities. I got to go in the new areana a couple weeks ago. It's mind bending what they did there. Signed a nda. I'm not allowed to post photos, or give details.

uww

uww
PostSat May 15, 2021 12:30 pm 
ale_capone wrote:
Signed a nda. I'm not allowed to post photos, or give details.
Will the fans be allowed to look or will you have to have a bag on your head to preserve the big secret?

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostTue May 18, 2021 4:46 am 
Lol. Its only for construction workers until its complete, and only the internet and print media. We are allowed to take photos and show them to family and friends. The owners don't want anyone spoiling the surprise. I've worked at a few places where photos weren't allowed

simont

simont
PostMon Jun 28, 2021 1:26 pm 
Maybe it is the heat but I’m thinking about ice hockey a lot. I am really interested in the Seattle team and how they build. There seems to be changes in hockey from “heavy” teams (Las Vegas and Saint Louis come to mind) to smaller faster teams and I would like to know what sort of team the Seattle team is going to be. I know that when Las Vegas started they had a team of players that no one wanted so all of them had chips on their shoulders. I thought that the coach of Seattle would be more emotive, maybe like John Tortorella but they seem to have chosen a more cerebral person. I am eagerly waiting their next move...

simont

simont
PostSun Oct 17, 2021 3:17 pm 
Well done, you have a good team and look "reliable" as in not relying on one player to make or break the team. First goal, fight and now first in the division. Looking forward to the 23rd.