Forum Index > Trip Reports > Norse Peak
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
User-Name

User-Name
PostTue Oct 19, 2021 4:46 pm 
Just poking around my area, looking for new trails as alternatives the same old I-90 Corridor weekend conga lines. Stumbled over Norse Peak on Monday and saw enough scenery through the fog to know that the route would be amazing on a clear day. So I headed back up this morning for the full show. REALLY nice trail! This thing was in my own backyard all the time...had I but known! heh Some snaps...
The upper ridge was scorched not too long ago, but the views across the valley were expansive and inspiring.
The upper ridge was scorched not too long ago, but the views across the valley were expansive and inspiring.
Cresting the ridge, you get your first glimpse of the summit, currently dusted with the season's first white.
Cresting the ridge, you get your first glimpse of the summit, currently dusted with the season's first white.
I saw no one during two trips up the mountain on consecutive days, except for a single hunter.  We chatted briefly.  He'd been out for a few days, and was after bear.
I saw no one during two trips up the mountain on consecutive days, except for a single hunter. We chatted briefly. He'd been out for a few days, and was after bear.
From the Norse summit, a well-constructed wind-break that would make a nice campsite.
From the Norse summit, a well-constructed wind-break that would make a nice campsite.
Little Tahoma and a Crystal Mountain lift shack.
Little Tahoma and a Crystal Mountain lift shack.
On the way down, you're treated to nice views of the approach trail.  I've got to do some more exploring in this area!  :agree:
On the way down, you're treated to nice views of the approach trail. I've got to do some more exploring in this area! agree.gif

Thedrunkbaguette, Brushbuffalo, RichP, ozzy, williswall, neek, Nancyann, Randito, awilsondc
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostWed Oct 20, 2021 11:04 am 
Back in the olden days we used to ride our horses up there and on to the PCT both north and southbound and never see a soul. Fabulous views of Rainier on a clear day!

User-Name

User-Name
PostWed Oct 20, 2021 2:36 pm 
Nice! Yeah, it's a very stock-friendly trail--saw lotsa 'road apples' on the way up biggrin.gif . The going is so easy, that even though on my second trip I'd forgotten to throw my trail shoes in the car, it was no problem to do the hike in flip-flops! The gain is basically the same as Si, but maybe a mile or so longer, so more gradual.