Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Oct 08, 2021 3:28 pm 
It was for sure tripping, the refs just missed it, but for sure that one play is not why they lost. Players are good at getting away with grabbing, pushing, tripping, etc and the refs can't catch them all. There was a running play by the Rams in the Red zone just before they scored where the runner had a big gain, which would not have happened if not for Wagner being blatantly pushed to the ground by a Rams lineman.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Oct 08, 2021 7:01 pm 
Looks like Wilson is out for 6 weeks after undergoing surgery. Not that it matters this year. In hindsight I think they should have traded him to the Bears in the offseason for what the Bears were willing to give up to acquire him.

Chief Joseph
Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostSun Oct 10, 2021 7:58 am 
Tom, did you realize that Geno left the pocket so contact downfeild was legal at that point. The analyst did get one thing right.. The defensive coordinator gets all the blame for the poor defense but it is Pete's scheme and ultimately he is responsible for changing that.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Oct 10, 2021 12:39 pm 
That's a good point, if the ball wasn't in the air, illegal contact rules would apply. Going back and comparing clips it does seem contact occurred just before the ball was in the air (not PI) after he left the pocket.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Oct 25, 2021 8:28 pm 
I know the Saints have a very good defense and the Hawks did better on D, but imo, except for Kamara, that was a pathetic display of offense of both sides of the ball. Not surprising I suppose since both QB's are rated near the bottom of the league and the Hawks O line was completely out played, especially the guy trying to play center.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostMon Oct 25, 2021 9:53 pm 
Yeah, Fuller looked bad and may have played himself out of the starting job now that Pocic is back off the IR. Pocic had his problems too, but not that bad.

gb

gb
PostTue Oct 26, 2021 4:09 pm 
Tom wrote:
That's a good point, if the ball wasn't in the air, illegal contact rules would apply. Going back and comparing clips it does seem contact occurred just before the ball was in the air (not PI) after he left the pocket.
And yet Carroll tried to run up the middle over and over again with almost no results. Carroll was badly outcoached. When NO had trouble offensively running, they did something else. But not Carroll, until the very end. Like beating your head against a wall.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Oct 26, 2021 4:42 pm 
Their season is done. Its time for a house cleani9ng.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Oct 26, 2021 5:38 pm 
gb wrote:
And yet Carroll tried to run up the middle over and over again with almost no results. Carroll was badly outcoached. When NO had trouble offensively running, they did something else. But not Carroll, until the very end. Like beating your head against a wall.
I brought to my mind "Ground Chuck" when Chuck Knox was HC, only less effective.
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Their season is done. Its time for a house cleaning.
I agree, beginning with the entire coaching staff....Carroll's inability to cut Norton loose is troubling. But I still think the Crux of the teams issues is due to the huge salaries of Wilson and Adams and the loss of future #1 draft pics hurts too....look at KC, they are not going anywhere for pretty much the same reasons as the Hawks, that being no cap space due to the huge salaries of their QB's.

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostWed Oct 27, 2021 2:00 pm 
Seahawks should trade Penny to B'more for Lamar Jackson. Jackson can lead through rw3's injury, then it's "Always Compete" for QB1 heading into the playoff run. May the best man win!

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostWed Oct 27, 2021 2:41 pm 
FiveNines wrote:
Seahawks should trade Penny to B'more for Lamar Jackson. Jackson can lead through rw3's injury, then it's "Always Compete" for QB1 heading into the playoff run. May the best man win!
Serously? Baltimore wouldn't trade their franchise QB for anyone right now. A Penny isn't worth anything these days. He's just another one of Carroll's bad picks.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Oct 27, 2021 3:50 pm 
Trailhead wrote:
FiveNines wrote:
Serously? Baltimore wouldn't trade their franchise QB for anyone right now. A Penny isn't worth anything these days. He's just another one of Carroll's bad picks.
He has to be joking, Penny is to the running back position what Flowers was to the cornerback position. All the Hawks have are "bad picks" since they trade all the top pics and hope to find a "diamond in the rough"...which they are pretty good at doing, but I still disagree with the strategy. Games are one and lost at the Point of Attack, and the Hawks are decent on the defensive side, but atrocious on the O line.

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostThu Oct 28, 2021 8:57 am 
I understand your skepticism, as Penny was 27th pick and Jackson was 32nd pick. Hawks should ask for 2023 7th rounder, too, to make up for the difference. But I didn't want to seem greedy, so I figured they could settle for straight up swap.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Oct 28, 2021 9:16 am 
From what i hear Chicago was willing to give up the farm for Russell last summer. Probably should have done that.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln

Chief Joseph
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Oct 28, 2021 1:11 pm 
There is no easy solution, but imho Carroll is a Dinosaur and refuses to change, good example is his refusal to cut Norton loose. When a QB gets a huge contract the rest of the team suffers, but even though their hands are tied because of that they still don't seem to care much about improving the offensive line, it seems to be an afterthought with them. They stubbornly run run run the ball into a 3 and out, might as well bring back "Ground Chuck"..but back then, they had the runners and the blocking to get it done and didn't have a QB with a huge contract. Wouldn't it be ironic if both the Hawks and the Chiefs each failed to reach the playoffs? That is a distinct possibility and the common denominator being the huge contracts of the QB's. Wait and see the same thing happen in Arizona when Kyler Murray gets paid.. Sometimes I think getting rid of the salary cap would solve the problem, but that would just create another problem, the big market teams would dominate like they do in baseball. Parity would pretty much disappear. About all team owners and executives could do is refuse to pay the huge contracts, make good trades and move forward.