Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Gas station stories?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostWed Oct 17, 2007 9:38 pm 
Here are some of the things said to me. Woman jumps out of the passenger seat of a Caddy at 3am: 'Where the hell can I get some condoms?' Me: 'Uh, 24-hour QFC?' Cue her 'date' looking very happy. Woman looking at me all moony with only a jacket, which is only part way on. Me: 'Uh, your kind of hanging out there.' Her: 'Oh' with no attempt to conceal. Woman in our only bathroom, which I hardly ever let anyone use, thus leading to drunk women peeing on my floor. Her: 'What's this white powder all over the sink?' Me: 'Uh, I was eating donuts...' rolleyes.gif Guy: 'I left my pen in you bathroom.' Me: 'I'll get it.' Find pen in bathroom, which resembles a dirty needle with heroin residue on it. Me: 'Go bleep yourself!' as I'm dialing 911.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Oct 17, 2007 9:52 pm 
Mtn Dog wrote:
. They actually ran water lines through the concrete and still draw hot water off them today.
No flippin' way. Still hot water today? eek.gif I knew it'd take decades to cool, but it's still that hot! Wowzers. Grand Coulee was built by men just coming off the Hoover Dam project, so many of the successful tricks learned were first used at Hoover - many men and their families practically walked from the Hoover Dam site to Grand Coulee hoping to work on that project. I wish I had more gas station stories that I haven't already told on other threads. I already discussed the Noah and the Ark collector's set from the 1960's. I can still hear my dad's voice to the attendant, "fill'er up with reg'lar."

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
pimaCanyon

pimaCanyon
PostThu Oct 18, 2007 11:00 pm 
Quark wrote:
kleet wrote:
Quark wrote:
A big part of his territory covered the town of Grand Coulee Dam.
Just so you know, dork, there is no town of Grand Coulee Dam.
There will be when I take up residence inside of it. And those who come with me, together we will make a town. No takers yet. I'm not ready anyway; just when I think I'm ready, sumpin' real good happens, like a new flavor of ice cream comes out, or I start a really good book and can't possibly take the time to pack, or my kitty licks my eyebrow. I mean something always comes up to keep me from taking up residence inside a dam. But the mainest reason I haven't got around to it, is because I want to see what dumb, dorky thing you're going to do next. If you weren't such a dork, I might move away.
Well, this had me laughing out loud, Quark. You are hilarious.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood
sten

sten
PostSun Oct 21, 2007 11:35 am 
joker wrote:
I'll follow the thread drift. My last dog (in my avatar) started getting pretty excited about drive-thrus after one place we went to gave out dog treats. He would push up toward the drivers window if at all possible forever after when we went to drive-thrus or coffee stands (and Burger Master smile.gif ). I miss him. But he seemed uninterested when I was pumping gas. Nothing in it for him.
Except in Oregon where they oftentimes give dog snacks out at gas stations. My dog would look at them like he thought they were trying to poison him, before taking them causing the attendant to have to reach further and further into the car with the treat while the dog backed off. Was pretty funny, and he is another traveling companion who is missed. He learned early about the drive-thru treats though. My local bank even gives them out and they have glass between them and the dog so aren't really at risk of being misunderstood by the dog. My friends and I swore that Roy Orbison worked at a gas station in Bend, OR around about 1990/91. It was the cheapy place with the yellow sign cattywampus corners from the Super 8. We figured he faked his own death so he could live out his dream of being a gas station attendant.

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSun Oct 21, 2007 11:43 am 
I pumped gas for Jim Morrison in the 80s. Oh, wait, was that a Stephen King book?

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun Oct 21, 2007 7:44 pm 
All I can say is this: The AM/PM at 272cnd St and Hwy 99 at the junction of Kent & Federal Way. A skanky hooker propositioned my husband at 6 amish on a Sunday morning there when we lived in that area. She was a real looker lol.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSun Oct 21, 2007 8:00 pm 
I hate being propositioned on the way to church.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Oct 21, 2007 8:03 pm 
O was that you? Sorry, dude.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Brucester

Brucester
PostSun Nov 21, 2021 11:29 am 
A question to the through hikers: Name all the things you've done in a gas station bathroom? #1 wash socks

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Nov 22, 2021 9:54 pm 
Occurred in gold bar

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostTue Nov 23, 2021 7:51 am 
Of course it did. The old Texaco is kind of boring though. Mann is where the action is.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Nov 23, 2021 9:50 am 
ale_capone wrote:
Of course it did. The old Texaco is kind of boring though. Mann is where the action is.
The best name for a gas station: Mann Gas. Cracks me up everytime I see it.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
KascadeFlat

KascadeFlat
PostTue Nov 23, 2021 3:36 pm 
I'll tack a story on to an old thread...why not? Many years ago in college my buddy and I were driving out to meet some friends at a campground somewhere SW of Rainier. Unfortunately the sands of time have erased the particular campground name from memory. We left Seattle after work and arrived in the Rainier environs after dark. Somehow we missed our turn and (I believe) ended up taking 410 towards Cayuse pass. Cue driving until we figured out we were clearly headed in the wrong direction. Around 11:30 pm we pull over at a gas station that was miraculously open and staffed. We went in to inquire about directions and, after the gentleman behind the counter got done laughing at us (he actually did laugh...), he informed us we needed to turn around and backtrack quite a bit. Okay. Fine. We figured as much. But what about a bathroom while we're here? He pointed at a port-a-potty across the poorly lit parking lot. Between us and the port-a-potty were four more gentlemen performing some kind of repairs to their high clearance rig that looked a lot like welding... huh.gif Alright. So be it. I marched across the parking lot, said hi to the welders, and got my bio break. cool.gif Then my friend and I got back in the car and argued about whose fault it was that we'd missed the turn. I still wonder what those guys were fixing that night... and how.

For a good time call: 1-800-SLD-ALDR.
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue Nov 23, 2021 4:52 pm 
During most of the 80's I lived in Connecticut (school, job and other less worthy things) and had to drive across the country each summer to get to the mountains (and Grateful Dead shows in Berkeley). We had 3 or 4 cars that ran most of the time, so we would pick the most road worthy one and head west. We spent a lot of time in rest areas repairing our vehicle. As an offering to the Road Gods we would repair other peoples vehicles as well. My '72 Nova made several crossings. This in the time before cell phones. So we had a trunk full of tools. One time I drove across with my wife in a '69 Skylark. We took all the back roads. Somewhere in Colorado we lost a tire, I scrounged one from a used pile at a service station and we hobbled on. Somewhere in Nevada on Highway 50, that one blew out. We were now in the middle of NOWHERE. I whomp-whomped down the road at 10 MPH and finally pulled into the only service station for many, many (many) miles. The place had the right size we needed (good to be driving an older American car). The guy who was working there could have been an extra in The Andy Griffith Show meets National Lampoon Family Vacation. He looked about 100 years old and could barely lift the tires, so I was his assistant. Between the guy moving in super slo-mo and him being the only guy on staff to pump gas, it took about 4 hours to get 2 new tires installed. He didn't even gouge me on the price. I worked graveyard at 7/11 in CT. That prepared me for my next job - security in the psych ward of the local hospital. In one setting the "customers" were locked up in the other they were running free - otherwise not much difference between them. A group of "wise guys" stopped in to have coffee and hardrolls every morning (7/11 on the border with NY). They showed up at 4 am, my security detail. No one screwed with me since they knew I was friendly with the guys driving the big black limos. I worked graveyard at a gas station for a bit. Once I saw a woman come running out of the bar across the street, followed by a big biker looking dude. She came blasting into the station and screamed for me to lock the door - which I did. The big dude was outside screaming that he was gonna kill us, she was sobbing like crazy, I was calling 911. Drunk people are just awesome! Being able to work graveyard made it so I could leave one job and find another almost immediately. It was my super power - No need for sleep. Made it so I had no loans to get my college edumacation. I've weakened in my old age and now need 4 hours per night.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.