Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW football
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Nov 27, 2021 5:31 pm 
After not letting him do anything all year, the lame duck interim coach trotted out Huard to start in the Apple Cup. Rough debut as a starter, threw 4 picks, Cougs rolled 40-13 to snap a long losing streak in the rivalry game. This horrible season is mercifully over. I can't imagine a single member of the staff will be back.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Sep 24, 2022 4:09 pm 
Coaching DOES matter. Night and day difference for the Dawgs so far this year. 3-0 start, offense can move the ball and put up points. Brought in a bunch of transfers at the skill positions. I wasn't familiar with him, the new starting QB is Michael Penix. Apparently he always showed he had talent while he was at Indiana but he couldn't stay healthy. He looks really good so far. Good poise in the pocket, accurate, actually looks like a QB. Play calling/offensive scheme is so much better than last year as well.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 am 
Well...after a nice 4-0 start, they went to UCLA and forgot to bring their defense. Almost had a stirring a 4th quarter come back, but too little too late.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 11:27 pm 
Wow heck of a game tonight. 20 min Power outage, ties, winning Fieldgail with 12 sec., blocked kickoff attempt, flags, 2 sec left 3 laterals, husky intercept. Whew. Impressive quarterback. Hope you all could see it.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Nov 05, 2022 1:35 pm 
Yep, quite a game. Early on looked like OSU was going to crush them. Ran the ball at will. Got in the Red Zone first 3 drives, but 2 4th down stops limited them to only 7 points. I've been really critical of the Dawgs' defense ever since the UCLA game, but they came up big numerous times and did enough to keep them in the game. Penix is a stud. I honestly knew nothing about him before the season started. Apparently he always displayed talent, but couldn't stay healthy at Indiana. He's easily the best QB at UW since...I don't even know how far back you have to go. Browning had a really good Soph season but then went steadily downhill. Ever since then the position has been very sketchy.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Nov 12, 2022 8:53 pm 
Big win for dogs v ducks, by refs MVP.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Nov 12, 2022 8:59 pm 
He won't be here long, but Penix is definitely part of Husky lore now. That's gotta be one of the more stirring wins in quite a while. I didn't think they had a chance of winning in Autzen.

fourteen410, I'm Pysht
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Dec 12, 2022 6:52 pm 
Well, much to my surprise Penix announced he's coming back for another year. Dawgs went 10-2 this year, fairly close to a miracle considering last season. Playing Texas in the Alamo Bowl.

fourteen410
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat Oct 14, 2023 4:42 pm 
UW edges the Ducks! Wow! dizzy.gif That was one of the more exciting football games I've seen in a while. Both teams deserved to win (or lose with questionable plays), but great to see the Dawgs come out on top! banana.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)

Now I Fly
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostSat Oct 14, 2023 5:03 pm 
The Hawks have their work cut out tomorrow to produce a game with more exciting drama.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Oct 14, 2023 6:32 pm 
I admit, I thought it was over when they got stonewalled after having 2nd and goal at about the 1 inch mark. Penix looked beat up and struggled some in the 2nd half, but he was money on those 2 throws on the game winning drive. Going for it on 4th down DID NOT pay off this game. UW kinda had to on the goal line that one time, but Oregon walked away from 2 FGs and gave the ball to the Dawgs at about midfield w/ 2 minutes left.

Leafguy

Leafguy
PostSat Oct 14, 2023 8:14 pm 
Had to run to the store during the closing minutes so I was forced to listen to the radio broadcast. Painful. Those guys sounded like two Raibles trying to outdo each other. eck.gif

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Nov 04, 2023 11:23 pm 
Been a couple of harder than expected wins against Arizona St. and Stanford. Today was a big game at USC. Figured it was going to be high scoring. It was. Dawgs prevail 52-42. Both defenses were ATROCIOUS in the first half (35-28 w/ 600 yards of offense). Both D's made some plays in the second half. Penix ended up hardly throwing the ball after halftime, but USC couldn't stop the run. Dillon Johnson piled up 250+ yards and 4 TDs. I keep waiting for a loss, but UW is 9-0 now coming down the stretch. A few things could still throw a kink in it, but most likely they'll end up in the Pac 12 Championship Game against a red hot Oregon team with revenge on their mind. We'll see. Something is going on in the Palouse. Cougs looked good earlier in the year, but they are awful now. Can't beat anybody. Have sunk to the bottom of the conference (well, 4 way tie at 1-5).

fourteen410, Get Out and Go
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Nov 11, 2023 6:58 pm 
Watched the highlights of the Utah game. Another win but not very impressive. You would think you'd never see the drop the ball while crossing the goal line showboating ever again. Wow, almost cost them the game!

Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostSat Nov 11, 2023 7:44 pm 
Gosh Tom, I'd have to disagree. The Utes are well coached, and the Dawgs clearly struggled in the first half, but made adjustments, and it showed in the second half. I listened on the radio, as I raked leaves, and was thoroughly fired up and entertained. Cheers B! (aka, always the homer. smile.gif)