Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostTue Nov 02, 2021 8:05 am 
Trailhead wrote:
A comedy of errors against an elite team.
Also, don't forget the part where the Seahawks followed the league's concussion protocol and took DE Cliff Avril out of the game allowing the Pats to come back from 10 pts down, while the Pats violated the concussion protocol with WR Julius Edelman, who played a significant part in the comeback and caught the eventual game winning TD.

GaliWalker
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostFri Nov 05, 2021 1:26 am 
Tom wrote:
How accurate was your SB prediction the previous year? hmmm.gif Good to see the Rams mortgaging the future.
I believe this was intended for me. 🙄 Thanks for asking. For the Broncos 7th Superbowl appearance, my hopes were dim knowing that Denver was missing 11 starters in a game to be played outdoors on a cold night in NYC. Didn't make a prediction. No party. Fell asleep at halftime 😴 Dominant game by the Seahawks and I'm happy the fans finally got to witness the magic of winning a SB once in their lifetime. Back to back would have been better. BTW, it didn't look very promising for Denver's 8th Superbowl appearance either, especially after watching the Panthers go up 31-0 at halftime against the L.O.B. Even though the Broncos manhandled the Pats, the reigning champs, I was the only one at the watch party who picked the Broncos to win their 3rd Superbowl! Great game and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Won the pot and my nephew had to wash my truck! Broncos are a class act and made a smart move to get value for Von Miller before his upcoming free agency. They truly wanted to him to go to a contender. Miller landed in the Rams lap and they would have been stupid not to give up 2 futures or let him go to another NFC team. It's a win now at all costs league, especially with TB12 still playing. The trade was a win win win for the Broncos, Miller and the Rams.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Nov 25, 2021 2:42 pm 
So baring a total miracle there will be no playoffs for the Hawks this year. Imo, it's time for a nearly total rebuild. For sure Pete needs to go, too bad he is under contract until 2025. If Pete doesn't go then I think Wilson will demand a trade, and who could blame him? But, realistically, I think it would be in the teams best interest to trade Wilson if they can work a deal that he agrees too and that has a good return. One thing for sure, they need to STOP trading away top draft pics and START drafting offensive linemen. For crying out loud, with their highest pick in the last draft (2nd round) they picked a frickin' wide receiver. I understand their 'logic' of drafting the best player available, but for crying out loud, how about addressing the teams most pressing needs?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 04, 2022 9:05 pm 
Seahawks score 50 points in the win! Although it was against the worst team in the league and missing a lot of their players and starting QB. Might as well have been playing a college team. The off season should be interesting, especially to see if both Wilson and Pete are back. Norton seems to be a Pete "attachment" so...Penny has been amazing, suddenly healthy and running very well. He is in a contract year.....coincidence? Hawks RB's have had a lot of injuries the past few years.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jan 05, 2022 6:05 pm 
For a minute I was excited about the Hawks getting a high first round draft pick, then I realized they GAVE it away to New York for a DEFENSIVE BACK! NOBODY but a franchise quarter back is worth TWO first round daft picks! Another bone head move. Time to break it up and get rid of the leadership.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln

GaliWalker, Chief Joseph
Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostMon Jan 24, 2022 1:01 pm 
What an incredible playoff weekend! Who are the Seahawk fans rooting for next week? Rams or 49ers

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Jan 24, 2022 1:12 pm 
For me the 49ers. I've never felt the same animosity towards the 49ers as I do for the Rams, mainly because before I moved from Seattle the Rams were the Seahawks' biggest rival.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jan 24, 2022 5:19 pm 
Some amazing games, I liked the outcome of two and hated the outcome of the other two. I wanted to see a Brady-Rodgers match up, but wasn't sorry to see the Bucs lose. It's great to see the Bengals in there, since it's been a very long time for them. To me, the Chiefs-Bills game WAS the Superbowl. I would be shocked, shocked I say if the 49ers beat the Rams, if they had a better than mediocre QB than maybe. Their defensive front line is awesome and imo were the difference in the game against the Pack...and more specifically, the blocked punt-TD was the main difference. I think it will be the Chiefs-Rams and hopefully a close game.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jan 24, 2022 8:38 pm 
That game last night for the bills fans must have been on par with the Seahawks clutching defeat from the jaws of victory in the super bowl. I could feel their pain.

Trailhead, Chief Joseph
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Jan 27, 2022 10:46 am 
Tom wrote:
That game last night for the bills fans must have been on par with the Seahawks clutching defeat from the jaws of victory in the super bowl. I could feel their pain.
Good analogy Thomas. I was hoping the Bills could pull it off. The number ONE defense in the league couldn't get a three and out. All they needed was 13 seconds. Looks like the Bills should have gone for two after that touch down. Sad.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln

Chief Joseph
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Jan 27, 2022 4:03 pm 
Hopefully the Rams and Chiefs game will be close, it should be the Rams have a good defense. The 49ers could very well win if they had a better than mediocre QB, I expect Jimmy G to throw at least 2 INT's and probably a pick-6. As far as Cincy goes, I can't see an offensive line that gave up 9 sacks having much of a chance against KC. I am wanting the Rams to win the SB or Cincy, but that as i said is very doubtful.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 31, 2022 3:38 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Hopefully the Rams and Chiefs game will be close,
Ah, you mean Rams and Bengals. LOL. GO CINCI.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jan 31, 2022 4:39 pm 
Yea, go Bengals! I kept waiting for Jimmy G to throw a timely INT, he dodged a lot of bullets, but finally came through! He should have been a professional model, not an NFL QB.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Feb 02, 2022 6:18 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Yea, go Bengals! I kept waiting for Jimmy G to throw a timely INT, he dodged a lot of bullets, but finally came through! He should have been a professional model, not an NFL QB.
I agree. LOL. Maybe he is in the off season. Go Bengals.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Feb 02, 2022 7:08 pm 
Jimmy G is an above average quarterback. I don't think QB was the 49ers missing piece, he's good enough to win, and I think the 49ers wasted their picks trading up for Lance. Made no sense, seemed to me they were grasping at straws after trading up in the draft. I don't think any of the QBs taken in the first round this year were all that impressive in hindsight. Compare to Burrow and Herbert last year. The Rams just played great D on the last series and were the better team, Jimmy G was trying to make something happen, was a long shot even if he hadn't thrown the INT. 49ers very well could have won if they hadn't dropped the sure interception. Despite the stats, Stafford hasn't looked that great this year, maybe he is playing thru injury. Kupp should probably be in contention for MVP.