Forum Index > Partners > Hiking in 2022
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostFri Jan 07, 2022 2:41 pm 
Retiring in May. Will have to stay busy so I don't go Crazy. Want to go on some 3 night hikes South. Goat Rocks and areas around it. Never hiked down there. Lost 40 Pounds and more to follow and don't want to put it back on. Has to be not too hard at first as my body needs to heal up after pounding on Concrete for 43 Years. Hopefully can get the gang together again! Bigger trip in 2023! Missed you all!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 07, 2022 4:23 pm 
Yes, I retired about 5 years ago and haven't hiked as much as I thought I might, so try to stay focused. Always have great plans and some actually come to fruition. Main on I want to do this year is a trip to the Beartooth mts...and was just watching a youtube video of a Grand Teton hiked that looked awesome. Then pretty close to where I am is the Salmo-Priest loop backpack and the Cabinet Mts in western Montana.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Jan 08, 2022 2:33 pm 
I'M ALL IN !!!! WE'RE DOING winds July 13th.. Coast trip for 3 nights late April early may..soon as it hits 60deg... If u want were trying to go back to lost lake for 2 nights (1n.at first lake)..

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jan 08, 2022 3:32 pm 
I think I would rather do the Winds in September, way less bugs..but then there's more chance of an epic storm or getting snowed in.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Jan 09, 2022 6:18 am 
Beartooth look great..but I'm planning a full 6 or 7 nights out.. The town looks funky there and some great hikes...there is also a poma lift for skiing in july... Think I've done 2 winds trip in July and bugs were fine..flowers great!... Congrats on retiring lead dogiee...we're going hinking! Or I can post the special ..no pants tent roll up video...after the morning coffee n cuddle session we had....Ahem...but I digress.... So I guess gnomes ain't against a little blackmailing to get ya back out on da trails.. GET SUM!!....THIS IS WHAT WE DO!!! I'LL try not to kill ya. on a x.c. route.. Oh. And congrats on getting away from the taco truck at work bro.. HEY..let's horse drop the bitterroot mtns.in montana!....mayb.gnome can make friends with another huge cow moose..as long as she doesn't have her baby with her....she was super curious ehhh?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Jan 09, 2022 7:33 am 
forest gnome wrote:
Think I've done 2 winds trip in July and bugs were fine..
You can't be drinking this early in the morning? souse.gif bug.gif campfire.gif

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostMon Jan 10, 2022 9:26 am 
Thanks for the kind words Gnomee! With the snow pack this year July 14 might be a little early. Most years no problem. I think their snowpack is as much as ours which is 100+% of normal. Heading to Wallace Id for a week right after I Retire in May. After that I AM A FREE MAN!

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Jan 10, 2022 9:35 am 
Ah wallace..that's where we were yes? Is the mine making it grow as a town? WonDr how the dirt biking or motor riding could be? We did hear about a ton of mtn.biking Goin on there!..I wonder also how much the magazines or mtn.biking sights have promoted that area.. Have to Google it... Wow lots of info ...some mtn.bike park also.. Hey lead dog I would rent electric bikes and tour around (I think there was mention of a paved trail near wallace) And that trail all downhill from the pass in Idaho by the small ski area...where ya get the everclear.. Electric bikes would be a great touring thing near wallace!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Feb 02, 2022 6:14 pm 
Anyone coming thru Cle Elum Im only 5 minuets off the freeway. If youre looking for a partner. I cant drive anymore so Im dependent on others to drive. Also, Ive got two very powerful e-bikes if you want/need to get far up some logging roads to hiking trail heads.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostThu Feb 03, 2022 6:58 am 
What kind of E-Bikes Tom

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Feb 06, 2022 10:38 am 
THANKS FOR THE BIKE OFFER BPJ...HOPE U WILL GO ON ANOTHER GUIDED HOKE THIS SPRING.. AS FAR AS WINDS ..the end of June the highcountry was open in 2021 The great outdoor gear shop in Pinedale will have the best updates for trail conditions!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Feb 07, 2022 3:52 pm 
Sky Hiker wrote:
What kind of E-Bikes Tom
One is an FLX Blade.
FLX Blade
FLX Blade
The other one is a Watt Wagons Hydra
Watt Wagon Hydra
Watt Wagon Hydra

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln