Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Early photos - Baker, Rainier, Snoqualmie Pass, Monte Cristo area
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bowregard

Bowregard
PostTue Jan 11, 2022 2:16 pm 
Just going through old family photos and ran across the following Images. Baker, Rainier, and Snoqualmie Pass are 3x5 post cards. Monte Cristo area images are 4x6 photos? Anyway - thought somebody might enjoy them.

Riverside Laker, reststep, Anne Elk, RichP
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue Jan 11, 2022 8:33 pm 
Those are cool. Thanks for posting. I wish the Snoqualmie Pass one was a little more wide angle. Is that a ridge of Granite in the background or something else along the highway. Many of these older photos had only a very general naming scheme because more specific place names didn't exist yet.

Bowregard

Bowregard
PostWed Jan 12, 2022 12:48 pm 
After closer inspection the photo labelled: "Addiseon' Peak Along the Trail To Silver Lake -279-: Monte Cristo" Looks like it refers to what is now labelled as "Addison Ridge", Due North of Monte Cristo. I found a Photo that appears to be from a higher but similar vantage point in a Schroder TR from 2010: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=596401 I don't know the area well but I am guessing the photo of Rainier is from the South (maybe Pinnacle Saddle/Peak?) as you can see what must be Paradise if you look close directly in front of the mountain.