Forum Index > Photography Talk > Your THREE best photos of 2021
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Jan 01, 2022 4:33 pm 
I’m limited to photos from my marathon x-c drive to NY last summer. There was less time for exploration than I’d imagined; the lesson is don’t try to mix family business & a real vacation. Still trying to decide whether to write up a TR about it. I was pretty happy with how the camera in my new iPhone 12 Pro Max performed.
Dawn at Craters of the Moon Nat’nl Monument
Dawn at Craters of the Moon Nat’nl Monument
Wind River foothills near Dubois
Wind River foothills near Dubois
Fitzpatrick Wilderness, WY
Fitzpatrick Wilderness, WY

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood

Nancyann, jaysway, InFlight, GaliWalker, kite
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bowregard

Bowregard
PostFri Jan 14, 2022 10:18 pm 
Not sure what "best" means to me this year but here are a few of my favorites: T-shirt temps in June on Mt. Hood from Timberline:
Wildflowers and Mt. Baker from Skyline Divide
Tomyhoi Peak From Winchester Mt.

jaysway, mike, Nancyann, kite
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 14, 2022 11:08 pm 
Lower Hunt lake, North Idaho.
Lower Hunt lake, North Idaho.
North Cascades
North Cascades
Berry picking on Dickerman meadows.
Berry picking on Dickerman meadows.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

jaysway, Nancyann, kite
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSun Jan 16, 2022 10:13 pm 
This was my favorite picture of the year because I took it when I had been sick with Covid for several weeks and after spending the afternoon photographing wildflowers my symptoms gradually subsided and I began to feel better. I tried several shots of this scene and this was my favorite. smile.gif
This picture was taken upon arriving at Meander Meadows after climbing up the headwall in 90 degree heat on day one of an eight day circumnavigation of Glacier Peak in August. The late afternoon light created a magical feel to an exhilarating first day of a big adventure!
This picture of Hiking Partner at Massie Lake was taken right before we bailed on a three day trip due to awful weather moving in. Climbing up to Massie the previous day proved to be quite a task and I was very disappointed we didn’t get to do any of the high route, but at least he got to throw a line in for a bit of time.

Leafguy, silence, jaysway, awilsondc, Route Loser, rubywrangler, GaliWalker, kite, Chief Joseph, Anne Elk, Bowregard
gb

gb
PostWed Mar 09, 2022 9:20 am 
Nice set. I agree with you on a Milky Way image. Just the MW without a setting is rather dull; but the best background is a snow-covered mountain since the snow/ice is visible even in dark. (to: awilsondc)

awilsondc
jaysway

jaysway
PostSun Mar 13, 2022 4:37 pm 
This is a fun idea for a thread! It is hard to pin down what my favorites were, and I bet my response would change if I was asked to do this again in the future, but here are three of my favorites: The Kenai Mountains of Alaska in late August. Our original plans for the day had to change due to weather, so this one-night backpacking trip ended up coming together at the last minute, but it ended up being one of the best experiences of the trip. This was my first visit to Alaska, and also my first real vacation since COVID began. I barely scratched the surface of Alaska in the short week I had there. I hope to come back many times.
I believe that this is Warrior Peak and Inner Constance? I shot this at 180mm using a new telephoto lens that I have since decided isn't worth the weight penalty over my superzoom - but it takes stunning photos. I was so fortunate with the conditions from this hike in late June as there ended up being really great clouds this evening. This trip was a lesson for me in the importance of clouds and lighting conditions in taking great photos. I visited more stunning locations last year, but some of my favorite photos of the year came from this evening purely due to the conditions.
Snowy Lakes was my favorite hike of the season. Other than a lot of other people for the first few miles, this trip checked every box for me.

awilsondc, silence, fairweather friend
silence

silence
PostMon Mar 28, 2022 7:14 pm 
Busy remodeling our new home north of Shelton so didn't get out at all ... this was shot Dec 31 from our yard
Mount Washington Sunrise
Mount Washington Sunrise

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan

jaysway