Forum Index > Trail Talk > North Fork Bridge Creek bridge status? bus from High Bridge to Stehekin?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
dkemp
DoxManDude

dkemp
DoxManDude
PostWed May 11, 2022 3:53 pm 
Hi there everyone, long time. I'm starting to get out again! Yee haw. I'm backpacking from Bridge Creek TH to High Bridge. Q1: last year the bridge washed out over Bridge Creek and they put in a temporary hiker bridge. They wisely removed it in autumn. Does anyone know the status of that? I've been calling ranger station, but not hearing back from them. Anyone know status? The WTA page was last updated in May 2021, so no help there. Q2: I was planning to take the backpacker bus from High Bridge to Stehekin. My Google Fu is strong, but I don't see a modern schedule for that shuttle. No answer at Ranger Station, (budget cuts?) So I called Lady of the Lake ferry company and the woman there said there may be no hiker shuttle this year, yikes. I speculate due to gas prices. Anyone heard anything on that?

Get up early, go all day, come home tired.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed May 11, 2022 4:16 pm 
FWIW: I emailed a different USFS ranger station with a question about a month ago. Well after I had let go of any expectation of a response ( 11 days ) I received an useful answer.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed May 11, 2022 10:07 pm 
They're probably not at full staff for the season yet; they typically return Memorial Day, so call them back then. But I don't know if any of the districts will be fully staffed this year. They may not have been able to hire and schedule due to pandemic issue .

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
dkemp
DoxManDude

dkemp
DoxManDude
PostThu May 12, 2022 11:17 am 
Credit where due, they replied to my email re the shuttle.
Quote:
Dear Doxey, Good morning! Unfortunately, the bus schedule has not come out yet. Keep an eye on this website for when it does. 🙂 Getting Around – Stehekin

Get up early, go all day, come home tired.

Slim, Cyclopath