Forum Index > Trail Talk > Hi-Laker Meeting - Salmonid Identification
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostMon Jan 14, 2002 10:13 pm 
The monthly Hi-Laker's meeting takes place this Wednesday, Jan.16th, at 7:30, at Mercerview Community Center on Mercer Island. A program combining the experience of several knowledgeable outdoorsmen about the identification of the trout present in our high lakes will be this month's highlight. A great opportunity to meet and rub elbows with like-minded folks, young and not so young. Scout out where we meet now so you'll be prepared to catch next month's program given by your favorite and mine, Brian Curtis.

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 14, 2002 11:20 pm 
Well dang it, I've got to show up sometime. Gonna try REEEEEEAL hard to make this one.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jan 15, 2002 12:41 am 
Can't make it next week, I'll be listening to some motivational rolleyes.gif speeches at our annual meeting in arizona. Here's a sample of what y'all are missing not working for a big corporation lol.gif (and nope, I don't work for the one in the video).

Beave

Beave
PostTue Jan 15, 2002 1:06 am 
rolleyes.gif Ah, I see someone else has been using my computer to post.... Apologies for the harsh language and narcotic-talk!! Although, that guy does seem to be a BIT too motivated (referring to Tom's wild video link) Craig

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jan 15, 2002 4:18 pm 
Being a mathemetician, I couldn't do the simple math without my calculator. See you there tomorrow night Dave! BTW, that was a pleasant surprise getting the Hilaker's newsletter in the mail. Now I have a rare pic of the legendary and renowned mountain man known as Mr. Brian Curtis wink.gif.

polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Jan 15, 2002 7:12 pm 
If you turn the sound off on that video, it looks like me when I stepped on that bees nest in September. frown.gif waah.gif mad.gif

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostTue Jan 15, 2002 8:21 pm 
Oh no! I've been outed. I may have to enter the witness protection program. Not sure if I'm going to make the meeting or not. I'm hoping, but I never know until the last minute.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
salish

salish
PostThu Jan 17, 2002 8:25 am 
Great meeting. I've heard of Bob Pfeiffer (sp?) for years so it was nice actually hearing him. That's quite a knowledge pool there. I've been a trout fisherman all my life around here and although I knew there were many variations of the main species, I just didn't realize how many there are. One thing I didn't ask, but wish I would have, was just how the DNA thing fits into exacting fish ID. I caught a bright rainbow of about 16" at a lake near Concunully last spring that had large, bright orange slashes under it's jaw, on both sides. I was sure it was a cuttbow, but I had a biologist at work run a DNA test on one of it's scales and it came back pure rainbow (I work in fisheries). It's amazing how the bow's and cutts run the gamut in coloration and conformation. Tom/Jonathan - nice scales, man. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.