Forum Index > Support & Feedback > In case you haven't noticed...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 12:36 pm 
It's our birthday.
Yes, the forums are 1 year old today! To celebrate, we've added a new feature that will display a birthday announcement to the bottom left when viewing a topic and also in the stats at the bottom of the forum index. Make sure you edit your profile and specify a birthday (month/day) if you want a notice to appear on your special day.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message

PostMon Dec 16, 2002 12:43 pm 
Happy Birthday nwhikers! up.gif It's great there is a place where everyone is dying to know what I think. biggrin.gif hurl.gif

Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 1:59 pm 
One year? Dang. This seems like it has been here for over 10 years. Time sure flies when you're having fun.... or do I mean vise versa? dizzy.gif

Art is an adventure.
Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 2:09 pm 
Where's the party at? I'll bring the fireworks!

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 3:10 pm 
Happy Birthday to everyone! smile.gif And a special thanks and B-day wishes to both Tom and Michael for putting together a great site! up.gif BW biggrin.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 6:23 pm 
Happy Birthday. A special thanks to Tom and MCaver for the fine job and such a special place to hang out. Also for letting me go off on tangents occasionally. Peace NN up.gif drink.gif devilsmile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Slide Alder Slayer

Slide Alder Slayer
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 6:51 pm 
Most Excellent Site! up.gif

salish

salish
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 7:21 pm 
Amen, a very great place to hang out. Thanks Tom. If you recall this time last year it was kind of funny; there was a constant roll call going on as us old Trail Talk people kept finding our way here, like lost hikers finding their way back to their camp. It sure has grown into a great board, and one of the friendliest boards I've ever seen. Happy Birthday indeed. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 9:14 pm 
Boy am I clueless.....when I joined many moons ago I didn't even know these boards were relatively new! biggrin.gif Well Happy B-Day! And I hope I'm here for #2 smile.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 10:08 pm 
There's a whole sordid past involved here that predates NWHikers. Some of the people here have been in various forums together for several years now, thus they bicker like married people occasionally. wink.gif I've been around for about 1.5 years, starting right after I moved to the area. Hey oldtimers, was there an online gathering place before Trail Talk? The collection of folks has grown dramatically since we settled in here, and for the better. Fine group of folks we have here. up.gif

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Dec 16, 2002 11:23 pm 
Whose site is this I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his site fill up with spray. My little child must think it queer To stop without a cartoon near Between the woods and frozen lake The darkest evening of the year. She gives my hand and mouse a shake To ask if there is some mistake. The only other sound's the sweep Of easy wind and downy flake. The sits views are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. appos to R. Frost

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
JimK

JimK
PostTue Dec 17, 2002 12:00 am 
The 1 year anniversary makes for a good time for my 100th post. Hoplefully this was the first of many years.

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostTue Dec 17, 2002 4:34 pm 
Oops, day late and a dollar short??
Terrific site, one of the truly neat places to go on the internet. Many thanks to you guys for putting this together and all the time and effort you put into it. I've found a great bunch of people belong to this group and it's a pleasure to be a member. Even though the birthday date was yesterday, I still want to send my belated best wishes. up.gif May the coming year be another great one agree.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160