Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > natural selection
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
darwin

darwin
PostTue Dec 17, 2002 8:44 pm 
Speaking of childhood stuff, anyone remember the ditties they used for hide and seek? The ones I remember... Engine engine number nine, going down Chicago line, if the train jumps off the track, do you want your money back? Icka bicka soda cracker icka bicka boo, icka bicka soda cracker out goes you. My mother and your mother were hanging up clothes, my mother socked your mother in the nose. What color of blood came out? Mickey mouse built a house, how many bricks did he use? Bubblegum bubblegum in the dish, how many pieces do you wish? Ba Ba Babarenee achie kochie killarochie I hate you take a peach take a plum take a piece of bubblegum and out you go.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
darwin

darwin
PostTue Dec 17, 2002 9:14 pm 
adaptation
I hate to reply to my own post but I found this on the internet. "Eenie meenie disaleenie ooh wah bop a leenie Asa cotcha Liberace I love you Take a peach, take a plum Take a piece of bubble gum No peach, no plumb, no piece of" which makes me think I misheard some of the words in the last one. hmmm.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Dec 17, 2002 9:54 pm 
The one that comes to mind for chosing is the standard: "Eenie meenie miney mo catch a tiger by his toe if he hollers make him pay fifty dollars every day" Then there's the add-on stanza if the result didn't turn out like you wanted: "My mother told me to pick this one But i was naughty and picked this one" Growing up in Texas, a place not known for its racial tolerance, the "tiger" above was more commonly heard as a very well-known racial epithet. shakehead.gif There was also a jumprope chant about Cinderella I can't quite remember, although she was "dressed in yellow" and "kissed a fellow". It was quite long and creative.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Dec 17, 2002 10:07 pm 
Ah, and then there's the insults. This one comes to mind for some reason: "You think you're hot snot, but you're cold boogers on a paper plate." Somehow, the paper plate makes it even more demeaning.

Erik the Nav

Erik the Nav
PostWed Dec 18, 2002 12:42 am 
Yep, cold boogers on fine china is definitely much classier.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Dec 18, 2002 4:48 am 
I am rubber you are glue, whartever you say to me bounces back on you. Some truth to that one, matter of fact!

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods