Forum Index > Trip Reports > Umtaneum Canyon
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
salish

salish
PostMon Dec 30, 2002 11:08 am 
A buddy and I were in the Umtaneum Canyon yesterday (Sunday, 12/29/02) and it was beautiful. Blue sky, about 4" of snow, not windy at all. The beavers are at work in the creek. I fractured my ankle a couple of weeks back so I couldn't hike to any elevation, but the canyon was gorgeous. A wonderful place to hike in the winter. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostMon Dec 30, 2002 7:16 pm 
Cliff: Sorry to hear about the ankle. I wasn't aware of your misfortune. Sounds like you are getting out even if you can't hike much. Good for ya. up.gif Heal that puppy up, summers a comin.

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
salish

salish
PostTue Dec 31, 2002 7:21 am 
Thanks Dean. Yea, it was one of those real silly things; smacked my ankle against the coffee table while walking away from the couch. The sound of the crack hurt me more than the actual fracture. Walking is fine, just can't do hills or angles yet, can't lace a boot tightly. I once cut my shin to the bone while cooking chili, but that's another story. Thanks. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
JimK

JimK
PostTue Dec 31, 2002 9:05 am 
Cliff, It sounds like you need to get out of that dangerous house as much as possible. It seems that scaling peaks is much safer. smile.gif Here's to a speedy recovery.

salish

salish
PostTue Dec 31, 2002 10:15 am 
Thanks Jim. That's what my wife keeps telling me, so I suppose I should keep damaging myself so she'll tell me to spend even more time in the boonies. Less guilt that way, too.