Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Stefan Feller update 12/06/2002
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 3:15 pm 
Okay everyone, some of you wanted an update on how I have been doing. For the past 4 weeks, I have had NOTHING to report. Why? Becuase there was no change and I was in solid casts--that's just how things were. Today I had my solid casts removed and now I wear temporary casts--they are called moon boots. Monday morning I start physical therapy. The doctor says everything is healing fine. By the end of next week I may be in crutches and starting to use a urinal again!
da gimp
da gimp

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 6:24 pm 
Congratulations Stefan, on your recovery. I'll bet you'll be glad to get out of that wheelchair! Good luck with the crutches - you'll have forearms of steel when you're done, which will come in handy later when you're back on the trail. Good for you! You don't wear that shirt when you hike, do you? Congrats again, Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

PostFri Dec 06, 2002 6:51 pm 
Dilbert! I thought I knew you! biggrin.gif Just kidding big guy. tongue.gif I sat in a "cube" for 14 years, so I can relate. You must be at least guardedly optimistic. Sounds like things are progressing as well as you could expect. One step at a time (cliche' yes) and you be back before you know it.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 10:23 pm 
Hey Stefan, how is the recovery going? Has television rotted your mind yet? Are you watching Joe Millionare? lol.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 2:04 am 
Stefan, man what am I missing? Why do you have TWO casts on? I thought you hurt ONE leg! Man am I behind the power curve here! Well good luck to you sir. Recover, recover, recover, recover! Then after that, recover! TB PS, I'm off to pick up my turbo diesel toyota land cruiser, which is sitting at the park entrance of YellowStone just waiting for me!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 9:44 am 
Here is my update. Left ankle--talus neck fracture. About 80% back to normal. Just working on strengthening around it. Will recover probably about 95% back to normal range of motion. No residual affects for my life. Right ankle--bimaleoulor(sp?) fracture and a fibia fracture. About 60% back to normal. Working on strengthening the ankle and range of motion. Range of motion will probably be about 85%-90% back to normal. Will have two follow up minor surgeries to remove equipment in the leg. Residual affects will be this large lump on the instep of my ankle which adds about 1/2 inch to the overall diameter of my ankle. Will have to find boots that fit. By the way, I am walking now without the aid of crutches or a cane. But with a limp due to the some pain. I am forced to watch Joe Millionare. It was on when we were going to bed and we have a tv in our bedroom. My wife loves that crap. But what I do is read. Right now I am reading a book called "Running With Scissors" -- you guys have got to read this book! It is bizarre! Thanks guys!

Art is an adventure.
Quark

Quark
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 10:58 am 
what in god's name is joe millionaire? thank goodness i don't have a tv anymore. they don't make quality shows like the partridge family and the brady bunch anymore. now THAT was quality tv

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 11:13 am 
It is yet another "reality tv" show. I refuse to watch the lot of them. This one is a takeoff of the popular The Bachelor, but the millionaire bachelor is really a poor construction worker or some such, but the contestants fawning all over him all season -- presumably for the money -- won't find that out he's broke until after he picks his mate. Poetic justice, I say.