Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 1:37 pm 
Tom wrote:
Actually, you'll want to resize before you upload. Can one of the Mac users confirm whether either of the flickr upload tools for Macs has an option to automatically resize at upload?
I just checked 'em out. iPhoto Plugin will allow you to automatically resize at upload. Flickr Uploadr will not automatically resize. If you are not an iPhoto user and you want to use Flickr Uploadr I'd suggest downloading Graphic Converter for batch processing photos for upload.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 5:05 pm 
OK, what I've done on this photo from yesterday is export from iPhoto to my desktop, resized as 640X480, then to flickr. I first tried exporting directly to flickr from iPhotos but was unable. I'm using Safari as my browser, but do not see a command for Copy Image address, so I will copy and paste. Macs can make things easier but only when using programs that are sensitive to Macs. I better not go further with this thread drift. It's in the realm of religion and politics. www.flickr.com/photos/59461005@N00/29552986/ That's what I did. Somehow I think I'm missing a shortcut, but I'll keep exploring.

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 6:31 pm 
Get Out and Go wrote:
www.flickr.com/photos/59461005@N00/29552986/ That's what I did. Somehow I think I'm missing a shortcut, but I'll keep exploring.
To get that address you chose "Copy link." To get the address you need to make photos show in posts here you need to choose "Copy image address."

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 6:51 pm 
I'm toast!! I can't find a command for "Copy Image". The resized image reverted to its original size when posted. Graphic Converter looks like it is for someone more tech-oriented with a 209 page Users Guide. I think I'll try one of the other photo services ...or not...

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 7:08 pm 
With the iPhoto plug in it is really easy. You don't even have to leave iPhoto. I PM'd you so I can help step you through it off line.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 7:17 pm 
A different photo host isn't going to solve the issue for you because to embed an image, you'll still need to determine the image URL (regardless of where it is hosted). What options do you see when you right click on the image? Worst case, if you can't figure out a right click shortcut, see this help topic at flickr for another way to get the image URL.

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 9:32 pm 
I've recomposed myself and downloaded the iphoto plug-in, NOT the Graphic Converter, which I thought was the plug-in and which gave me a deer-in-the-headlight look. I have now successfully resized another photo into my page on flickr, using the plug-in. Now what do I do to embed the photo , just drag it in like this? There is no command for copy image.
First View of Massie Lake
First View of Massie Lake
I just might have it. Thanks for your patience and help Tom and Brian.

Easytouch
Thunder & Lightn

Easytouch
Thunder & Lightn
PostSat Jul 30, 2005 11:58 am 
Photo test
Lets see if I can do this right

oosik

oosik
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 11:49 am 
Other options for Flickr (both Mac and PC) You could download Konfabulator which is now free, and has some other "widget" plugins that you might like. Then download the Flckr upload widget Not a bulk uploader, since it only does one at a time, but pretty dang easy. You could set it to float on your desktop if you want. This doesn't auto-resize though, so you would need to do that with some other software. Mac users, if you aren't doing it out of iPhoto, you can auto resize (both batch and singly) with a contextual menu item called PhotoTool

marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostWed Aug 03, 2005 4:49 pm 
Testing... Testing...
Mt Rainier - Edith Creek Trail
Mt Rainier - Edith Creek Trail

touron

touron
PostSat Aug 13, 2005 10:33 am 
Is there still going to be a way to look at all the pictures submitted in a given month, like clicking on Pics and then "August", or with the new upload system is that feature lost?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Aug 13, 2005 10:42 am 
It's coming, and will include all pictures posted, regardless where hosted.

Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostMon Aug 15, 2005 8:49 am 
Testing
Flowers & Mountain
Flowers & Mountain
hockeygrin.gif Thanks Tom for the detailed directions in this post. ~E

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun Aug 21, 2005 7:48 pm 
143-4349_STA
143-4349_STA

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
justybug
henteaser

justybug
henteaser
PostMon Aug 22, 2005 1:25 pm 
watched this cloud cap form from nothing as the sun was rising, then disappear only to come back as a full lenticular cap.
watched this cloud cap form from nothing as the sun was rising, then disappear only to come back as a full lenticular cap.

kenya believe it?? "Time is so everything doesn't happen at once. Space is so everything doesn't happen to you."