Forum Index > Trip Reports > Redmond Watershed
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch

Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch
PostFri Sep 27, 2002 11:45 am 
Okay, first of all, yes, I'm back. I was in Arizona all summer and was kept busy. Now I'm back at school at BYU and have good access to good internet connections, so I can put some posts on here again. ANYWAY, I wanted to thank Craig for posting about the Redmond Watershed. I'm from Redmond originally, and my parents still live about eight minutes away from the Watershed. I like to go there on days when I can't afford the gas to go any farther. While you would have to walk a couple of times around the entire Watershed to work up a sweat, I'll grant that it is beautiful. The trails are great, and if you go there on a weekday, you'll even avoid some crowds. It seems to get crowded on Saturday mornings, but it's not too bad. I personally recommend the hiker-only trail, Siler's Mill. It takes you past a nice beaver pond and really gets you out of the "rest" of the preserve. It's kind of like its own little part of the Watershed. Have fun and please try to use the established parking lots. If the parking lots get full or if you want to enter the preserve from a different side, there are other access points and parking areas, but it's best to ask a local where they are. Have fun!!!

Just where is it I can find beaver, bear, and other critters that are worth cash money when skint?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
hikerjo

hikerjo
PostWed Oct 02, 2002 5:45 pm 
Redmond Watershed Preserve
For all you big shot hikers, I have now trailbagged all of the trails in the Redmond Watershed Park. moon.gif

Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch

Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch
PostFri Oct 04, 2002 8:29 am 
Hah!! Right on Craig! That should be a goal toward which all people should aspire!

Just where is it I can find beaver, bear, and other critters that are worth cash money when skint?
hikerjo

hikerjo
PostWed Oct 23, 2002 3:15 pm 
Bear in the Watershed Park? Hmmm...Today I found what looks like a gigantic pile of Bear poo. I looked around, but there couldn't see anything, maby there is a bear in the Park. Whooo...Spokey... paranoid.gif

Smokey

Smokey
PostWed Oct 23, 2002 8:42 pm 
I live south of the watershed and pretty much every year for the last 10 or so, a bear has come to feast on my apple trees. I've had close encounters of the friendly kind, from a distance, with the bear. Alas this year I've seen no evidence of it being here. I'm blaming it on that new illegal town, courtesy of Weyerhaeuser and the King County council, Redmond Ridge, the wired community. That area was better than the watershed, no more.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch

Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch
PostTue Oct 29, 2002 9:30 am 
Redmond Ridge Sux
Yea, I totally agree that the "wired" town ought not to be there. Alas, we can't do anything about it. They had their way (not without a significant amount of money changing certain hands) and now they've torn most of the trees from Novelty Hill. I don't even live there and I think it's sad. I try to stay away from Novelty Hill road because I get so angry every time I go up there. The people that came up with that damn housing development ought to be strung up by their toenails.

Karen

Karen
PostThu Jan 16, 2003 9:05 pm 
Redmond Watershed Park
This is a great place to hike this time of year -- not crowded. Had never been there and hiked there today with author Bob Dreisbach ("Seattle Outdoors"). My first visit but it won't be my last. When I got home I remembered reading some posts about the watershed so I found them. I agree that the Siler's Mill trail is the best for scenery. There were only 3-4 cars in the South parking lot today. We saw a doe with two fawns (almost yearlings) and a heron. Tried to get a photo of the three deer but my lens is not powerful enough for good wildlife shots. But I did get this shot of the beaver pond from the Siler Mill trail. Karen
beaver pond 1 VG
beaver pond 1 VG

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder