Forum Index > Trail Talk > Dogs
Previous :: Next Topic  
Author Message
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob



Joined: 16 Dec 2001
Posts: 23588 | TRs
Location: Cle Elum
Backpacker Joe
  Top

NWH Joe-Bob
PostTue Dec 18, 2001 9:32 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ah, SURE BUDDY!



smile.gif  biggrin.gif  wink.gif  tongue.gif  cool.gif  rolleyes.gif  clown.gif  yawn.gif  lol.gif  paranoid.gif

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

— Abraham Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Washakie
Member
Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 347 | TRs
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Washakie
  Top

Member
PostSun May 24, 2020 1:38 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Dante, remember the Beatles' first movie?

One of the "boys" had a grandfather who always caused issues and arguments between others and then smiled and slipped out of the scene?

Of course you do.

They called him a mixer.

--------------
"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young

"We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee

"The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent"  - Washakie
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
forest gnome
Forest nut...



Joined: 24 Apr 2003
Posts: 3332 | TRs
Location: north cascades!!
forest gnome
  Top

Forest nut...
PostSun May 24, 2020 5:33 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Wait cotton kills my ass...I always take a long sleeve light wt. Shirt for comfort..

AS FOR DOGS..USED TO CARRY MA BOWIE KNIFE..IN MA BELT...PULLED IT ONCE ON STUPID DOG..BOY THE OWNER GOT HIM LEASHED up  RIGHT QUIK!

The wood staff helps too....on a recent hike with some newbies a pit bull looking dog briefly freaked out a guy...but you could tell he was just a happy doggie running a little ways in front of owner....
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?



Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 7355 | TRs
Location: The Hermitage
Bedivere
  Top

Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSun May 24, 2020 9:02 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Washakie - just curious:  What inspired you to dredge up and reply to a 19 year old thread?

--------------
Photo Portfolio
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sky Hiker
Member
Member


Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 1094 | TRs
Location: outside
Sky Hiker
  Top

Member
PostMon May 25, 2020 8:40 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Why dredge this up?? banghead.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Washakie
Member
Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 347 | TRs
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Washakie
  Top

Member
PostMon May 25, 2020 11:44 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Because I am very fond of both "the woods" and dogs.

I also have a difficult time understanding those who venture out into the more natural, "less regulated" areas of our beautiful world and want to control things.

Perhaps there are those who should hike and camp in their back yards.

--------------
"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young

"We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee

"The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent"  - Washakie
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Noheaperture
Nohea



Joined: 25 Aug 2018
Posts: 76 | TRs
Location: Issaquah
Noheaperture
  Top

Nohea
PostMon May 25, 2020 11:58 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
I Was running with my dog yesterday up dingford and went past a parked car that had a pit bull decal that stated: “punish the deed, not the breed”.  5 minutes later we run by the couple and the dog was luckily on a leash but was yanking and aggressively barking and lunging at my dog and I.

The irony.

Of course generalizing here (nothing against pit bulls) but, don’t try to display a message like that if your dog is apparently fitting the status quo.
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light



Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 4181 | TRs
Location: Seattle
Cyclopath
  Top

Faster than light
PostMon May 25, 2020 12:43 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Washakie wrote:
Because I am very fond of both "the woods" and dogs.

I also have a difficult time understanding those who venture out into the more natural, "less regulated" areas of our beautiful world and want to control things.

Perhaps there are those who should hike and camp in their back yards.

That's why I don't understand the opposition to putting a Taco Time on Aasgard, why does everyone want to control things, let me make my fortune.
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
MyFootHurts
Huge Member



Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 852 | TRs
Location: Kekistan
MyFootHurts
  Top

Huge Member
PostMon May 25, 2020 1:34 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Washakie wrote:
Because I am very fond of both "the woods" and dogs.

I also have a difficult time understanding those who venture out into the more natural, "less regulated" areas of our beautiful world and want to control things.

Perhaps there are those who should hike and camp in their back yards.


What is it about the less regulated woods that makes people think its ok to let their filthy mutt jump on other people?
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Randito
Snarky Member



Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 7235 | TRs
Location: Bellevue at the moment.
Randito
  Top

Snarky Member
PostMon May 25, 2020 1:41 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath wrote:
That's why I don't understand the opposition to putting a Taco Time on Aasgard, why does everyone want to control things, let me make my fortune.

If there is a Taco Time, then there will soon be a Chipotle within a short distance.
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light



Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 4181 | TRs
Location: Seattle
Cyclopath
  Top

Faster than light
PostMon May 25, 2020 3:15 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Only if you keep Chipotle on a leash or voice command!
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Washakie
Member
Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 347 | TRs
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Washakie
  Top

Member
PostMon May 25, 2020 6:30 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
" Why can't we all just get along?"

--------------
"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young

"We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee

"The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent"  - Washakie
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
neek
Member
Member


Joined: 12 Sep 2011
Posts: 1158 | TRs
Location: Seattle, WA
neek
  Top

Member
PostMon May 25, 2020 8:44 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Washakie wrote:
" Why can't we all just get along?"

Because that's when the aliens make their move.  When we're all happy and complacent.  Zap.  You know how it goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
HikerJohn
Member
Member


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 268 | TRs
Location: Daydreaming
HikerJohn
  Top

Member
PostWed May 27, 2020 8:58 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Went up Palisades trail yesterday to do some "Guerilla Trail Maintenance" (saw out some downed logs and fix some switchbacks).  When I got home I saw this on a couple of other sites:

Quote:
I lost my dog Fia on May 26, 2020 at 10:30 am while hiking on the Palisades trail #1198 in Clearwater Wilderness near Greenwater or Enumclaw, Washington. She is black and white Lab/border collie mix with white feet and white chest. She is very friendly and likes food and people. Please spread the word and look out for her if you are out hiking. Lost her about 2-2.5 miles up the trail. She is microchipped and is wearing a green collar with tags. The blue dot on the map picture below is where I lost her (about 2 miles up from the trail head).

Other than the area confusion (Palisades Tr is no where near Clearwater Wilderness), I felt sorry for her about her dog, then in one of her comments she admitted that her dog was unleashed when he ran away.
I'm still scratching my head why someone would take Fido out for a walk in the woods while thinking they don't have to have their dog on a leash especially in areas where there are 1) really BIG cliffs, 2) really big kitties that live off of the carcasses of animals that are smaller than them, and 3) other people around.
When I'm out patrolling, I talk to every dog owner and encourage them to leash their dogs up for the dog's own protection.  Many do, a few have been disdainful, and even a few dogs have taken offense and been aggressive about it (one of the reasons I carry a shovel when I patrol).
Please remind folks you see that while in many places they don't have to leash their dogs, it is a best practice for the safety of the dog..

Gasoline thrown, have at it.
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!



Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 9643 | TRs
Location: Don't move here
treeswarper
  Top

Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed May 27, 2020 9:52 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
HikerJohn wrote:
Went up Palisades trail yesterday to do some "Guerilla Trail Maintenance" (saw out some downed logs and fix some switchbacks).  When I got home I saw this on a couple of other sites:

Quote:
I lost my dog Fia on May 26, 2020 at 10:30 am while hiking on the Palisades trail #1198 in Clearwater Wilderness near Greenwater or Enumclaw, Washington. She is black and white Lab/border collie mix with white feet and white chest. She is very friendly and likes food and people. Please spread the word and look out for her if you are out hiking. Lost her about 2-2.5 miles up the trail. She is microchipped and is wearing a green collar with tags. The blue dot on the map picture below is where I lost her (about 2 miles up from the trail head).

Other than the area confusion (Palisades Tr is no where near Clearwater Wilderness), I felt sorry for her about her dog, then in one of her comments she admitted that her dog was unleashed when he ran away.
I'm still scratching my head why someone would take Fido out for a walk in the woods while thinking they don't have to have their dog on a leash especially in areas where there are 1) really BIG cliffs, 2) really big kitties that live off of the carcasses of animals that are smaller than them, and 3) other people around.
When I'm out patrolling, I talk to every dog owner and encourage them to leash their dogs up for the dog's own protection.  Many do, a few have been disdainful, and even a few dogs have taken offense and been aggressive about it (one of the reasons I carry a shovel when I patrol).
Please remind folks you see that while in many places they don't have to leash their dogs, it is a best practice for the safety of the dog..

Gasoline thrown, have at it.

It all depends on the dog.  Not all dogs are created equal.  We've taken quite a few unleashed dogs up to the top of Tongue Mtn., where there were no crowds of humans but there is an exposed area.  All survived.  My Demon Dog is allowed to run about in the woods.  I have a  taser collar on her to control her urges.  99% of the time it just takes a beep to get her to stop what she's doing.

My problem is stupid people who encourage dogs to jump up on them because they are too lazy to bend over to greet the dog.  I never knew there were so many of these idiots until I got a smaller dog.  They have wrecked my dog training.

The Used Dog snuffling around on top.
The Used Dog snuffling around on top.

--------------
What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Dogs
Jump to:   
Search this topic:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
   Use Disclaimer Powered by phpBB Privacy Policy