Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Warning! Arts Plug
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Aug 31, 2005 9:36 am 
I know I'm insuffereable, but that's how I yam. I can't help it, but I gotta do another arts plug. Sweeney Todd's coming to the 5th Ave. It's hilarious. The Sondheim operetic (is that a word?) ditties aren't your typical arias. I've seen Sweeney Todd twice, the first time by mistake at the UW, the second at Kirkland Peformance Center. I'm excited it's coming to the big stage. I already have tix, but am definately willing to go again, with anyone else who is interested, but doesn't have anyone to go with. I often attend these things more than once, so it's no big deal.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostThu Sep 01, 2005 8:18 am 
oh...you 'insufferable' artsy types........is it really that worth seeing?

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Sep 01, 2005 7:24 pm 
Yes. Bite me.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Sep 01, 2005 9:11 pm 
No. Musical theatre is dumb. I work a lot of it backstage, but I still think it's dumb. Since Quark likes it, and it's dumb, then by association, she too is dumb.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
touron

touron
PostThu Sep 01, 2005 9:19 pm 
marylou wrote:
No. Musical theatre is dumb. I work a lot of it backstage, but I still think it's dumb. Since Quark likes it, and it's dumb, then by association, she too is dumb.
Plenty of good plays that are musicals. I've always wanted to see the Dessert Song. Think of how good that dessert must be to write a whole play about it? Don't let the presence, or lack there-of of music be the determining factor of aria goin' or not. There. I wrote all that just so I could say "aria goin'" lol.gif --a play on words which is kind of similar to a play on music.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostFri Sep 02, 2005 12:45 pm 
my oh my....a bit testy eh Quark???? eek.gif

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Sep 02, 2005 1:31 pm 
Bite Me, Everyone: The Musical.

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostSun Sep 04, 2005 9:44 am 
fa la la la la ....la la la la ......don we now our hiking apparel......

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 8:31 pm 
I went to the ballet today. A freind of mine had comp tix, so I figured what the hell. Ballet isn't my favorite thing by any means, but my freind likes that kind of stuff. I like the older stuff, (not the Renaissance stuff, but around 1900s). But the modern stuff gives me a pain in the ass, if you want to know the truth. Sometimes it's borderline funny-looking, but rather than laughing, I find myself thinking, "I shoulda done sumpin' else instead." Yet every year I think, "what the hell, I’ll give it another shot." This year, I found myself thinking what a waste of time it was, me sitting there on a nice afternoon, while I had other things that needed tending; like cleaning the gunk out of the back of my truck, or having my wisdom teeth pulled. Don’t get me wrong; the dancers are frickin’ fantastic. I just didn’t like what they were doing up there. Just when you closed your eyes and began to drool, a woman’s voice on a loud speaker system would startle your heart out if its bone-cage, in order to narrate a few lines of a poem. Then she’d shut the hell up for a long while, but she’d come back again sure enough. It was a vicious cycle. The poem probably had deep meaning to the writer. But it was annoying to those of us who were just there to sleep. The dance went along with the poem. I think. The women were framing their faces with their hands and arms, and squatting like babies potty training. I don't know what the hell they were doing. I think the poem was something about the futility of life and searching for one’s place in the universe. Hell, if that’s all anyone wanted to know, I coulda made it easy on everyone, and just handed them a brochure with the address of McCaw Hall printed right there on the back of it. It was sorta like being trapped in someone else’s acid trip. I don't mind my own acid trip, but someone elses? C'mon. I loved the music and the costumes and stage setting and lighting were first class - I enjoy the hell out of a good set, colors, costumes and music. I guess dance just isn't my bag. But I really should have chosen this past Friday to have my wisdom teeth pulled. The weekend would have been a bust anyway, and going to the ballet wouldn’t have set me back any.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 8:50 pm 
here i thought this thread would have tips on how to plug art and keep it from showing up everywhere, instead i find i'm being subjected to a discussion of it. this art stuff is like dandelions, sprouting everywhere. can't plug Marylou, can't plug this thread, darnit if you're warning about an art plug, i want to know where to get one

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 8:54 pm 
dumbass, I said, Warning! on the title. I'm dissin' the thing I saw. You're lucky I didn't discuss the other stuff I saw this past week. I would rave about it, if it wouldn't sound so insipid. No one goes to see the stuff I try to push anyway.

Fred Austere

Fred Austere
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 8:58 pm 
It's possible the program had a typo in it. Dance and dunce are pretty similar. Speaking of dunce, I wonder what the ramifications are of getting ones wisdom teeth removed? It's possible you may enjoy this show next time. toothless.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 8:58 pm 
Quote:
dumbass, I said, Warning! on the title. I'm dissin' the thing I saw. You're lucky I didn't discuss the other stuff I saw this past week. I would rave about it, if it wouldn't sound so insipid. No one goes to see the stuff I try to push anyway.
that's cuz most of us are wise to your ways, art lover. we know your kind, theyz all over that there downtown area of the big city. heck, you isn't the only artsy type here, i've seen some of the 'tuthers about

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 9:05 pm 
I tried out for a part in a play once. Neil Simon's Plaza Suite. I had never even taken lessons before, never had a part in a play. I didn't even get to hold any of the letters that make up the word, "Christmas" in the Christmas pageant in grade school (I was one of the leftover kids bunched up in the wings, at the end of the word). I don't know what possessed me to even try. But I did. I got up on stage in front of people, and read some lines. Gawd, what a twit.

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 9:06 pm 
Quark wrote:
No one goes to see the stuff I try to push anyway.
Ahem! Some of us go to some of the stuff you plug. Just not as often as you go, cause goats have to be brushed and chicks have to be talked to and laughed at. I just love it when chicks get to a little over a month old, they develop personalities and really start checking out their world.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic