Forum Index > Trip Reports > Narbeck Wetland Preserve (or something like that)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostThu Oct 06, 2005 12:50 am 
In Everett, off Seaway Blvd (across from Boeing), there is a little area called Narbeck Wetland Preserve (or some variation thereof) with about two miles of trails providing a semi-informative nature walk around a wetlands area. It's a nice area... if you can ignore the traffic & similar noises... and perfect for a weekday work escape or a picnic lunch. Trail is well maintained and perfect for virtually any age or physical condition. "Wildlife" is abundant... if you're looking for dragonflies, monster sized frogs, ducks, geese, squirrels and garter snakes. For all the times I visit, I've always forgotten the camera. Finally, I took some pics a few days ago.
Narbeck Boardwalk
Narbeck Boardwalk
Narbeck Tunnel of Trees
Narbeck Tunnel of Trees

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostThu Oct 06, 2005 4:34 am 
Nice place. I've been there a number of times. Generally a few woodpeckers too and lots of mushrooms this time of year and in the spring.

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostFri Oct 07, 2005 10:04 pm 
I've been by this area a million times and never knew it existed until I did a geocache in there earlier this summer. Beautiful area of walking trails and swamp bog. There are some HUGE bull frogs. The 3-4 times I walked in there this summer I saw very few people. Surprising, since it's right across the road from Boeing. Another one of those hidden gems. Thanks for the pictures.

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostSat Oct 08, 2005 8:21 am 
GeoHiker - Thanks for the comments. There is one particular spot on the 'inner loop' trail where I always stop for a few minutes to watch the frogs. Usually I can locate between 4 and 7 of them in the water or along the banks. At that same spot there has been a dragonfly that zooms right up to you on the trail, then zooms across the pond (where I watch the frogs) to the reeds at the other end, then zooms back to you. Over and over... all summer. I wanted to get a picture of him... but of course the day I brought the camera I didn't see the dragonfly... or the frogs. rant.gif Must be the cold and nasty weather is my guess. Maybe I'll have to look for that geocache... ~E

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Stones
funk soul brother

Stones
funk soul brother
PostSat Oct 08, 2005 8:31 am 
Yep, been there. Very nice spot in the middle of Boeing industrial land. I found a geocache there too once. But I haven't been caching in a way long time. That is one nice thing about geocaching. You find cool places like this that you wouldn't ordinarily find.

Let me stand next to your fire