Forum Index > Trail Talk > monte cristo slide show
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
granite falls...sometimes

granite falls...sometimes
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 12:19 am 
I saw this posted somewhere I can't remember BEGINNING THIS MONTH, THROUGH JUNE – EACH 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH. GRANITE FALLS MIDDLE SCHOOL. SLIDE SHOWS REGARDING THE HISTORY OF THE MONTE CRISTO AREA. 7 PM.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
granite falls...always

granite falls...always
PostTue Jan 28, 2003 3:23 pm 
..eventually. It's instinctual in a rock. The slide show reference was referenced (can I use 2 'reference' roots in a sentence?) in a WTA trip report from this weekend, written by that gorgeous blonde bombshell babe. She has a great *ss, too. I mean I heard she does - I'm just quoting here, folks, so don't get too excited. I don't know for sure. The flyer was seen at the Mtn. View Cafe near Robe. To verify the slide show, call the Mountain View Cafe - 360-691-6668. Ask them to read you the flyer that's pasted onto the countertop next the cash register.

Snohomish4Lyfe

Snohomish4Lyfe
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 1:25 am 
Granite Blows. same to Monte Cristo
Granite Falls Blows, It F*cked Up My Life. I Live There for 13 years and all i can remember was the bad people and bad drugs.I knew ONE decent person out there. then i moved to snohomish and found out that person is a dope user now!!!! Granite will mess your head up man! any one who still lives there i have a couple words of advice: GET OUT NOW IIF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY MESSED UP!I am not sorry to be raggin' on my former town but granite blows.I hate that town i did horrible in school i did drugs i was a theif. That all changed within a week of moving out. The people will in fluence you to do stuff you shouldn't. Granite Falls blows so if ya dont like my message DONT READ IT! And Snohomish is the godfather of Washington. Oh yeah one more thing. GRANITE FALLS SUCKS SO KISS MY moon.gif

polarbear

polarbear
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 11:52 am 
Is Granite Falls on the internet. If not, we need to get them connected up ASAP so they can read that urgent message and get out before it's too late. hmmm.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cristo Eyewitness News

Cristo Eyewitness News
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 12:57 pm 
8:55 AM PST It has been reported that last night the sinkhole spread rapidly down the mOuntain Loop Hwy reaching the outskirts of Granite Falls early this morning where it has paused momentarily but continues to pulsate and belch. The citizens of Granite Falls appear to be respond to the impending disaster in a panic fashion. Cars and bicycles and people afoot have been seen streaming towards Marysville, but some stuffbornly refuse to leave. One person complained about all the press coverage claiming that he now felt like a "laboratory rat" more than ever. Others are carting wheelbarrow loads of gravel from the nearby quarry in an attempt to quell the hole's voracious appetite. One person claimed what they really need is more Rockefeller money to fix the hole, the railroad, and the tramway. "It's been a long time in coming, and we're still waiting," said the grizzled man. It is unkown if the slide show will be held this evening.

Cristo Eyewitness News

Cristo Eyewitness News
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 3:29 pm 
2:00PM PST The sinkhole has decimated several streets through Granite Falls but has left the buildings and structures untouched. It seems to only know roads. A train of 500 wheelbarrows is cycling from the gravel pit to the town to slow the sinkhole's advance. The people who remained in town have banded together, a motley crew of outlaws, in-laws, crooks and straights, in a valiant effort to save the town, everyone putting aside their differences and grudges for the common good. One person, however, complained that "500 wheelbarrows left the pit, but only 499 arrived at the sinkhole. Do the math, something doesn't add up. There is a lone wheelbarrow track heading towards Snohomish." In an ironic twist of events one John Sutter Jr. happend to peer into the sinkhole and in the process lost his teeth. When he clambered down into the sinkhole to retrieve them, he noticed the glint of gold, hundreds of large nuggets. The gold depostit appears to run from Granite Falls up to Big 4 and possibly beyond. One wildeyed man was heard to yell that all the citizens would soon be as rich as the Count of Monte Cristo. Cars, bicycles, and people afoot are streaming into the gold fields from Marysville. A private investor on the East Coast is staking claims for mines all along the sinkhole and they are surveying a site for a railroad along the river that will take the gold to Everett. An inn is to be built at Big 4 to house the miners.

Quark

Quark
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 7:15 pm 
You know, it was never this crazy BEFORE they installed that stop sign at the edge of Granite Falls. They're just Sultan wannabe's - but there's not enough money for a real light, they just get a stop sign. Pretty soon they'll be lobbying for a loop around town. Hey, wait a minute.....it already IS a loop......

barrington

barrington
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 7:36 pm 
Odd, they don't show a stop sign on their map of Granite Falls.

Quark

Quark
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 3:33 pm 
Dunno what to tell ya, it's there. I haven't consulted any maps of Granite Falls regarding their signage. I got my information by actually seeing the sign and stopping at the sign as I drove to trailheads. It's been there a coupla years.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 3:58 pm 
Does anyone know if it is still possible to get to the Mexican restaurant? eek.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
barrington

barrington
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 7:20 pm 
Good thing you stop at those signs Quark. I just got ticketed for California stopping to consecutive stop signs (yes, so it couldn't have been in Granite Falls--the real question is why didn't I look in my r-v mirror to see who was following me waah.gif waah.gif . What with all the Californians up here now, I figured it was legal. mad.gif mad.gif

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 7:37 pm 
Yup, I can see it now. 'Granite Falls...The Movie' 2 fools in search of gold Starring... 2 Dead Ed and Stella the Meth Queen NN winksmile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Quark

Quark
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 11:51 pm 
Al, unless the all the junkies in Granite Falls have ripped apart the mexican restaurant and sold the pieces to buy dope from each other, it's still there. I'm worried about the public restrooms in Jack Webb park. Goodness knows all perverts hang out in public restrooms; but perhaps the fact it's named after a Dragnet character, they're all freaked out and paranoid as all perverts are, or should be. Do junkies know about Dragnet? Do they care? Who knows what goes on inside the head of a junkie. My God - it's "Reefer Madness" revisited.

Cristo Eyewitness News

Cristo Eyewitness News
PostTue Feb 11, 2003 1:05 am 
Feb 11, 03, 12:00 ?M PST This gold rush is over folks. People are streaming out of Granite Falls by car, bicycle, and afoot. Now the country is dealing with the aftermath. The river has a sickly hue consisting of all 8 colors of the rainbow and is full of various toxic chemicals. Congress is lobbying to declare it a superfund cleanup fight but presently their funds are tied up elsewhere in another part of the globe. A mideastern country has accused the U.S. of having a secret chemical weapons complex in Granite Falls. Mercury has been found in the river, and a huge pile of broken thermometers some 80 feet tall from which it was illegally obtained has been found in an old silo on the outskirts of town. One grizzled citizen who asked that his name be withheld said, "It was funny getting all those truckloads of thermometers in here when every one seemed so real healthy. It didn't add up. Nobody has that much temperature." Salmon in the river have been found with three or more tails, though some politicians are claiming this is a benefit to supermarkets that sell fish and for house cats that like fish tails and it also helps the fish swim better and elude their preditors. Some want more mercury to be added to the river. It is estimated that of the 10,000 03'ers that set up camps along the gold deposit, only a handful got rich. Most people who made money never mined anything but the pockets of those rushing to the gold fields. These entrepreneurs set up shop along side the Mountain Loop Road selling things such as picks, shovels, and lattes and other provisions to the 03'ers. At the height of the rush, hamburger in Granite Falls was selling for the astronomical price of $1.79 a pound (if you had the club card). There were two hotels, 20 saloons, and an opera house. Now there is just the smell of sawdust and the creak of double doors swaying on rusty hinges as a lonely wind rustles down the streets. It is a ghost town.

Cristo Eyewitness News

Cristo Eyewitness News
PostTue Feb 11, 2003 1:10 am 
We would like to correct the following item in our last report:
Quote:
At the height of the rush, hamburger in Granite Falls was selling for the astronomical price of $1.89 a pound (if you had the club card).
It should read:
Quote:
At the height of the rush, hamburger in Granite Falls was selling for the astronomical price of $5.79 a pound (if you had the club card). This compares to $1.89 today which isn't much better.