Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostThu Sep 29, 2005 8:31 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
My other mountain car is Datsun.. the first SUV wagon. up.gif watch it buster! Anyhow, i have fewer issue with the backing up deal than with people who will not let you pass. If I come up on you, I will be past you very quickly if you let me by and you'll eat far less of my dust than you make me eat of yours.
Thats it, you n me, drift wars on mountain loop lol.gif we see who eats whose dust hockeygrin.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Sep 30, 2005 1:08 am 
you may be pretty surprised. as a former nissan mechanic with access to some pretty sweet parts at cost when I built her, she's not exactly stock! plus, since she's an old one built pretty light, the power to weight comes out pretty...sporty, lets say. looks like h*ll..but goes like it too! cap'n, you sir are a rabble rouser, I know cause look who you're rousin! agree.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
greg

greg
PostSat Oct 01, 2005 8:41 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Fully loaded log trucks ALWAYS have the right of way agree.gif
I found that out the hard way, although it was an unloaded log truck, trailer up. He came high-balling around the corner of a logging road and bashed into me and my Scout. He hit the brakes and drifted sideways right into me as I bailed into the bushes. I was lucky to live through it. Logging company's insurance paid a couple grand to fix the Scout.

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostSat Oct 01, 2005 12:18 pm 
Hichen wrote:
Thats why I carry my Glock. guns.gif hihi.gif
Glock-H..you ganstah..better watch it esse..if you come up on me and my posse and expect us to move over.. you will be cut down...tru dat (remember, I have a sharp knife) agree.gif

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
Jeepasaurusrex

Jeepasaurusrex
PostSat Oct 01, 2005 1:27 pm 
This is one reason I like my CJ7. If in doubt, I can dive into the ditch and still drive right back out. Most 4x4 clubs state that if two vehicles approach on a steep road, the vehicle traveling down hill should pull to the side and let the vehicle traveling uphill proceed. Its a momentum thing. Especially in snow. Speaking of snow.... cant wait for the Forrest Service Xmas tree runs. We usually break trail so others can get up high where the good trees are. It usually turns into a winch fest pulling other people out. I spent 6hrs on a road east of Sedro-Wolley pulling out vehicles that had no business being up in the snow. Gotta love a lifted Jeep with lockers front and rear.... no wheel spin! toothless.gif
deepsnow
deepsnow

"I would like to see things from your point of view, but I cannot get my head that far up my butt"
gareite

gareite
PostSat Oct 01, 2005 9:45 pm 
I am totally with you! As a long time owner of a Jeep CJ5, I had NO ONE of my buds who could keep up in their Toyotas or Datsuns or anything else for that matter. Be it snow - mud - or just high water, I ALWAYS left them behind. And hill climbing wasn't even a contest. They would take off as fast as possible to make a hill, and I would go as slow as I wanted to show them who the REAL champ was!

Glen in Oly
Jeepasaurusrex

Jeepasaurusrex
PostSat Oct 01, 2005 11:10 pm 
I always loved this pic of the rear of my CJ. toothless.gif
diff
diff

"I would like to see things from your point of view, but I cannot get my head that far up my butt"
Jamin Smitchger

Jamin Smitchger
PostSun Oct 16, 2005 4:29 pm 
I think whoever is closest to the edge should just drive off it. Just kidding, I believe the person who is in the most danger should move over. However it is really not a big deal.