Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Automatic thumbnailing of pictures
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Oct 17, 2005 12:19 am 
Good news for those of you who have your own picture sites. We've put in some code to automatically thumbnail pictures posted via the IMG tag (click on the IMG button). This allows you to post images directly without having to worry about thumbnailing them. In other words, if you have pictures hosted at summitpost.org or some other site, you don't need to upload them to a photo host like flickr, fototime, or photobucket, you can post them here directly via the IMG button or the folowing code:
Code:
[img]http://www.website.com/some_picture.jpg[/img]=some optional description that will display below the thumbnail
This new feature will result in all pictures you post here (via the IMG tag) being cataloged for the photo album feature we are developing. It's a few weeks away, but basically this feature will organize all pictures by user, thread, month, etc. like the old photo album feature, but better.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Oct 18, 2005 12:11 am 
OK, good news for websh#ts users. I was able to work around the remote linking issues with websh#ts. You should be able to display websh#ts images in your post if you put them in an IMG tag.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Oct 20, 2005 2:19 pm 
Similar patch for imagestation.com. If your pictures are hosted at a website that blocks remote linking, let me know and I'll add them to the exception list.