Forum Index > Trail Talk > Name That Lake...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Blake

Blake
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 12:05 pm 
Here's a new one for you Borank.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 2:22 pm 
That one looks a lot like Stiletto, Blake.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 2:33 pm 
I've noticed that many lake photos posted on this thread come from cc.com making me feel the poster may not have taken the photo and the guesses seeming very sage-like are coming from knowledge learned on that site, rather than from experience. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but for me it's not any fun. Just so you know.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 2:39 pm 
Quark wrote:
I've noticed that many lake photos posted on this thread come from cc.com making me feel the poster may not have taken the photo and the guesses seeming very sage-like are coming from knowledge learned on that site, rather than from experience. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but for me it's not any fun. Just so you know.
I don't think it has anything to do with anything. Just because the pictures were posted on another website doesn't really mean anything. Actually, following your comment I went over to cc.com to see if I could easily find the answer to the last one and I couldn't. I guessed Stiletto because I've been there and it looks like that. Far as the other speculation, I do know that Blake has a friend with a plane and gets out to take aerials of the area around Stehekin from time to time. Matter of fact, he might have flown over you that weekend you were at ?Scatter? summer before last. I was also in the neighborhood at another lake and Blake flew over me. He also spent several summers working at the Stehekin Bakery and had hiked extensively in the area. I guess I'm not feeling the same discomfort.....

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Blake

Blake
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 3:16 pm 
They are all my pictures, I think all of them I posted recently have been taken from the earth. I do have some images from flying with my friends. Since nwhikers doesn't host images, i uploaded them to my cc.com gallery and then linked them to play the game. I didn't have any other way to get them online. I tried not to give any clues as to their location in how i named or described them at the cc.com gallery. ML, it is not Stiletto.

PostWed Nov 09, 2005 3:20 pm 
Quark wrote:
Nope. Only a relative few come from cc. Mostly Blake's. Looks like he's already posted them over there first is all. Who's guesses seem sage-like and are from knowledge gained from that site. I haven't seen any. Please share. If it's not fun, then don't do it. smile.gif

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 3:27 pm 
Isn't sagelike and cc.com an oxymoron dizzy.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 9:20 pm 
Blake - I have to recuse myself on this one. Even though I've been there, other pics on cc jogged my memory, thus disqualifying me from a clean game. ___________________________________________________________ Here's a "Just for Fun", "Aw come-on, let's be friends", Quarkette friendly entry.
ncnp3
ncnp3
Non-conspiratorial responders only please.

King Tut

King Tut
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 9:37 pm 
Doesn't look like any I built with my alien friends, but that thing in the background kind of looks like one.

Blake

Blake
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 11:33 pm 
borank wrote:
Blake - I have to recuse myself on this one. Even though I've been there, other pics on cc jogged my memory, thus disqualifying me from a clean game.
How fair of you, I do suppose if you recognized the location of some of my pics, it would be a clue as to the ID of others. Did I have you stumped at all?

Andrew

Andrew
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 11:34 pm 
borank wrote:
Blake - I have to recuse myself on this one. Even though I've been there, other pics on cc jogged my memory, thus disqualifying me from a clean game. ___________________________________________________________ Here's a "Just for Fun", "Aw come-on, let's be friends", Quarkette friendly entry.
Non-conspiratorial responders only please.
Pyramid Lake. A rather disappointing payoff in the heat of the summer.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Nov 09, 2005 11:56 pm 
What bugger is going to answer Brakes lake question???

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostThu Nov 10, 2005 2:08 am 
Blake wrote:
I do suppose if you recognized the location of some of my pics, it would be a clue as to the ID of others. Did I have you stumped at all?
If it's a clean shot of a lake I've been to, as in this case, it usually comes to me pretty quick. I just happened to look at the shots with the camera slightly turned first and then "it was like, "oh, yeah"". Your telpirt reppu shot was a good one - had me thinking for a couple days.

borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostSat Nov 12, 2005 6:03 pm 
EZ
U Wildcat
U Wildcat

Tom
Admin