Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Flickr issues
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
greg

greg
PostFri Dec 16, 2005 6:06 pm 
Sometimes when I click on the Flickr Pics box, several of the photos I have there will not come up, only a blank box with an 'X' in it. Also, did not know until now that flickr has a monthly free upload limit....

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 16, 2005 6:19 pm 
The X issue sounds like a browser cache problem. Clear your browser's cache and you should see them. As far as the upload limit, if you peek at the instructions the monthly flickr upload limit is mentioned a couple times. That's why it's also recommended you resize before uploading and/or use the upload tool to have it automatically resize at upload. Not only will this reduce the filesize to a reasonable size (allowing you to post 100-200 pictures a month), it will make the upload much faster. Also, please don't delete your pictures. Doing so only creates broken picture links here and will NOT allow you to upload more pictures. It's an upload limit not a storage limit. Once you've uploaded something it counts against your upload quota for the month, and you don't get it back by deleting pictures. It appears you've been uploading files in the 1 MB range, which limits you to about 20 files a month. Having the uploader resize them to (maximum) 800 pixels wide will reduce the upload size by a factor of 5 or more. In the mean time, if you've hit your monthly limit, there's nothing preventing you from creating a second flickr account. wink.gif

greg

greg
PostFri Dec 16, 2005 7:48 pm 
Cache dumped, still getting the empty boxes with "x" in them, which I figured since it's been happening on two different pc's. Maybe a file-size issue or a flickr issue, I dunno.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 16, 2005 7:59 pm 
OK, should be fixed now. The problem was due to flickr changing the format of their links and not supporting the old link format on some of their servers.

greg

greg
PostFri Dec 16, 2005 8:11 pm 
All better now thanks up.gif
Olympic Peninsula, December 2005
Olympic Peninsula, December 2005

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Dec 17, 2005 12:05 am 
greg, those fish look suspiciously like the steelheads mounted and hanging on the wall in the restaurant at the Three Rivers Resort at Mora. They let you borrow 'em fer props?

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
greg

greg
PostSat Dec 17, 2005 9:16 am 
Yes, they're friendly folks at Three Rivers. Good burgers and shakes too! Actually those steelhead on the wall there are quite a bit bigger than the ones I'm holding...