Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Scott Silver to run for Congress
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Feb 28, 2006 8:43 pm 
I got this emailing today:
Quote:
Since 1991, I have served as the Executive Director of Wild Widerness -- a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organizaton. Wild Wilderness is strictly prohibited from endorsing candidates and nothing in this message should be construded as an endorsement. This message is of importance to the supporters of Wild Wilderness and I encourage you to read on to learn what is happening. On February 8th, I declared my candidacy as a Democractic candidate running for the US House of Representatives in Oregon's 2nd Congressional District. If I win the primary in May, I will go on to face incumbent Greg Walden in the general election. Between now and the primary election, I intend to serve Wild Wilderness and its supporters as I have long done. Wild Wilderness' Board Members will be providing additional assistance during this period to ensure that all of Wild Wilderness' work is accomplished. If I should lose in May, my Wild Wilderness efforts will resume as if nothing had ever happened. If I should win the primary, it may become necessary to streamline my Wild Wilderness work. As for what might happen following the November election .... that's a long way away. I am using two e-mail addresses for communication unrelated to Wild Wilderness. The addresses are scott@scottsilver.org and scott@silverforcongress.org . There is also a campaign website. I thank everyone for the support they have given Wild Wilderness. No matter what happens in the campaign, I would like to assure you that Wild Wilderness will continue to represent your interests. Scott ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Scott Silver Wild Wilderness 248 NW Wilmington Ave. Bend, OR 97701 phone: 541-385-5261 e-mail: ssilver@wildwilderness.org Internet: http://www.wildwilderness.org

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message