Forum Index > Trail Talk > Social
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 2:53 pm 
For those with only enough time on their hands to check the main board- Allison posts: Okay peeps, here's the poop: We will be drinking beer at the Ballard Alehouse next Thursday, March 13. It is located in Seattle on Leary Way directly across from Hale's. The festivities will commence at 7pm. Bring any gear you want to swap. ---------- That's tomorrow evening- lookin' forward to talkin' about high country adventures with you. Check out the entire thread in the Bar and Grill. Ballard Grill & Alehouse (formerly Four B's Tavern) 4300 Leary Way NW Tel: (206) 782-9024

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 7:07 pm 
pictures
I recently acquired a laptop, which I will bring so we can look at digipics tomorrow. It's a Crapintosh and I don't know how to make it run a slideshow, but I am sure one of you geniuses does. huh.gif Randoggy jusr emailed me to ask about the bar food sitchmo at the place we are going tomorrow night, to answer his question, yes, they do have food, and it is yummy bar food stuff. I'm pert' sure the kitchen closes at 9, so if you want to eat, be there in time! hihi.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 11:36 pm 
Nice. I'll bring some photo CD's of some su-weet places.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Mar 13, 2003 11:19 am 
Okay, thanks to Brian Curtis I've got a slide viewing program on the laptop now, but being a dumb old PC user I can't figure out how to run it. Someone with Mac skills please come on out tonight! I've got good pictures, and I'm sure Randy has some amazing pictures!

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Mar 13, 2003 6:38 pm 
OK, got the dang computer running IBEX's fab slides right now. If no one is sitting back there, I will be shooting for the table right inside the back area, sort of the entrance to the bar area if the whole place weren't a bar. In other words, same place as last time we drank there!

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 12:15 am 
Yet another fine social. Thanks for hosting, Allison! up.gif

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 12:50 am 
So who all got drunk and offered to break trail for Pbear? biggrin.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 1:19 am 
Rumor has it some high school girls will be breaking trail for pbear. They are also experienced in glacier travel.

sahib polarbear

sahib polarbear
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 1:33 am 
It appears that I will be portered to Silver Lake and SCL. up.gif Those high school girls may know the way to the lake up.gif but how you get there is more important. up.gif up.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Devoted voter

Devoted voter
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 7:39 am 
So did the "ayes" scream? Did the bears drink beer? How was the photographical laptop dance? Did the lookouts shout "smoke!"? And what about the trip report? We always expect trip retorts.

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 12:39 pm 
It was a swell little gathering. Pbear, Damian, MCaver, Dave Weyrick, Rich Baldwin and wife, Allison, Tom and myself. But, no rubberkegs which was dissapointing cuz I thought he would be there. Anyhow, stories were told, pictures shown on lap tops, maps discussed, and routes planned. Everyone seemed to get a kick out of Beave's gummy bear pictures on Hawkins and Dave's fish pictures and Allison's Enchantment pictures were mighty fine too. On a personal note, I left with a much better appreciation for Polarbear's struggle with making it to SCL. He told of his epic battles with brush, bees, and unseen bears lurking in the brush. I for one believe he will make it this year perhaps with the trailbreaking aid of the admin. I plan on riding on their heels maybe a day or two later after they've cleared the way of brush and flushed out all the bees - no better way to go.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 2:33 pm 
Tom wrote:
Rumor has it some high school girls will be breaking trail for pbear. They are also experienced in glacier travel.
Nononononono. As I said before, if ANYONE is gonna be hot on the tails ( devilsmile.gif ) of those girls, it's gonna be me. biggrin.gif Pbear can mope behind us.

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 9:16 pm 
Dave had some impressive pictures of fish and , er, other wildlife.

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?
polarbear-

polarbear-
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 9:56 pm 
Quote:
I plan on riding on their heels maybe a day or two later after they've cleared the way of brush and flushed out all the bees - no better way to go.
Randy, I'll let you know the date of the trip so you can be exactly two days behind. Otherwise you might end up breaking the trail for us...hmmm I bumped into those high school girls in the parking lot after the social. I had left my lights on and they had the jumper cables. They also had an extra fan belt that my car needed too. mad.gif So we went back inside the pub. Over a can of Skoal they gave me the details of their SCL trip recalling how the two smaller members of the team had wrastled several bears to the ground at the lake just to secure a spot for their tent. Of course they never used the tent since it was just a day hike. They tied the bears feet with piggin' string and left them a little gorp so they wouldn't starve before they got loose. It turns out that SCL was a warmup hike for a trip to Ezra Lake via Stettatle Creek, which is part of a long training program for a Pt. Barrow to Tierra Del Fuego bike trip. They showed me some of the pictures they had painted from the SCL trip as the don't believe in taking pictures but rather use paints made from natural dyes (roots and things) to represent nature as it is.

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 10:07 pm 
polarbear wrote:
I bumped into those high school girls in the parking lot after the social. I had left my lights on
The old "leave your lights on to pick-up high school girls" routine. ha.gif They fell for it? Good for you! BW tongue.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu