Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 9:11 pm 
jenjen wrote:
Quark wrote:
No one goes to see the stuff I try to push anyway.
Ahem! Some of us go to some of the stuff you plug.
O yeah! That's right. Jimmymac, too. And Dogpatch. Durn, you looked awfully purty that night, witcher hair all in a coif and all. You clean up good.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostSun Mar 26, 2006 9:16 pm 
Why thank you! You looked darned spiffy too, with your skirt and makeup and hair all styled. That final piece with the marimba and pipe organ is still sticking with me, that was truly original and gorgeous - even though I didn't think so at the time. (sometimes new stuff has to percolate around my brain and sink in before I really know if I like it or not)

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
marzsit
Dork

marzsit
Dork
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 12:24 am 
sweeney todd is very cool, morbid but cool smile.gif in kevin smith's last flick jersey girl, they do one of the numbers from the show, one of my favorite scenes in the movie. if you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth the rental smile.gif

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 9:40 am 
All things considered, I'd rather put on some Muzak and stare at a lava lamp. Now THAT'S art! ace.gif

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
ree

ree
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 9:58 am 
jenjen wrote:
I just love it when chicks get to a little over a month old, they develop personalities and really start checking out their world.
At what point do they become nasty bastards that attack the person that feeds them?

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 10:21 am 
ree wrote:
At what point do they become nasty bastards that attack the person that feeds them?
The hormones start kicking in around 6 months of age. Hens stay (mostly) sweet, roosters - well - there's a reason mine are named Dinner and Football.

Damian

Damian
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 10:33 am 
Sheesh MtnGoat's a redneck. In fact he has taken redneck to an art form and therefore personally qualifies as art. I only visited this thread thinking it was Quark putting in a good word about me.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 11:03 am 
wait. is this thread about fowl hormones, or Art Not? Marzit, yeah, Sweeney Todd is gruesome and awesome, and so goddam funny. The guy who played Sweeney is currently playing a part in Noel Coward's Private Lives going on now at the Rep, which I saw last week. I hadn't read the pamphlet before the curtain went up, and didn't recognize the actor, but there was something about his voice in a certain line in Private Lives that was familiar. It drove me nuts til half-time, when I snapped open the brochure and saw his bio, and there it was, he played Sweeney Todd.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 8:15 pm 
polecatjoe wrote:
All things considered, I'd rather put on some Muzak and stare at a lava lamp. Now THAT'S art! ace.gif
Amen brother!

mgd

mgd
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 8:23 pm 
Speaking of Muzak, is there anywhere you here it now? Most music is the real thing. I kinda miss the ol' elevator stuff. bawl.gif

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Mar 29, 2006 3:17 pm 
Joseph and His Technicolor Dreamcoat! Not as cheesy as you'd think! This thing was a dee-lite! If you don't know the story of JOseph and his coat,* you'll probably be lost, though. *King James Version of the bible glorified the text to make Joseph's coat one of many colors, however, the Masoretic text, the oldest, describes his coat as "a coat with sleeves."

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostWed Mar 29, 2006 7:23 pm 
And---------------- The Bellingham Chorale and the Whatcom Co Symphony are teaming up to present Brahm's Requiem this Saturday at WWU's performance hall. It's a gorgeous piece, for those who like classical music.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Jun 05, 2006 11:13 am 
Man, you guys've gotta check out Seattle Shakes' Much Ado About Nothing. It's pretty goddam funny. If anyone wants company when they go see it, I'm up to see it again. Info here.

JimK

JimK
PostMon Jun 05, 2006 12:51 pm 
Quote:
*King James Version of the bible glorified the text to make Joseph's coat one of many colors, however, the Masoretic text, the oldest, describes his coat as "a coat with sleeves."
"Joseph and the Amazing Coat With Sleeves" Nah, the name would not have worked... Now, back to Much Ado About Nothing.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Jun 20, 2006 10:44 pm 
Told you wankers I'd get back at you for picking on my on my own damn birthday thread. So suffer: Richard III at Intiman. Not as funny as other playhouseses' version. Shakespeare always has some comic relief, and this is no different, but it's more intense. I mean intense! Fantastic set and costumes, tho. Drummers in stra=tegic places on the set. I have a huge crush on Hans Altweis, the darling of the Seattle Shakespeare company. He did a bang-up Iago, which is when I fell in love with him - I always like the bad boys - then he played parts in Romeo and Juliet - an insipid play, if you ask me, which you didn't but so what. Anyway, there you have it. Pretty damn fine work at the Intiman.