Forum Index > Trail Talk > Map wanted
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 8:14 pm 
Does anyone have an image of a map that shows the location of the old Everett Monte Cristo RR? Would like something that I can resize and preferably with a scale bar. Or maybe you know where I can get one? Quality doesn't have to be great. Just something I can work with. I want to see the difference between it and the existing road. Thanks, NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 10:08 pm 
There is a map in Monte Criso but my kids are on the puter with the scanner frown.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
polarbear-

polarbear-
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 11:34 pm 
I found this dusty map in an old trunk in the attic.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Sawyer

Sawyer
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 11:39 pm 
Yup, I have a couple. One good one is in the book "Monte Cristo Area" by Majors and McLollum. King County LIbrary has a copy. I have a copy I just bought a couple weeks ago, and don't ask the price! I suppose I could attempt to photocopy and mail to one of the local newer amphibians archeologists. BTW, I've followed much of the ancient and venerable tread. In particular, there are remnants of the thing near the 4-mile road into Monte Cristo. Stomp into the woods near the two steep portions. That's where there were switchbacks. The discerning RR explorer will stumble on the olde treadde. It is similar to some tread you can find on Tiger Mt -- barely noticable undulations in the moss where the ties used to be. Also old rails near tunnel No. 1 are in the chilly Stilly. Fun stuff!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 6:24 am 
Found what I needed. Thanks for the help. After looking at polarbears map I remembered the good old UW Digital Map Collection. What a place. NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.