Forum Index > Trail Talk > Hi all
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
blindie

blindie
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 4:40 pm 
I found this wonderful forum while searching for sights about Middle Fork. I was able to make it up to the trailhead yesterday. Potholes were no match for the minivan. (as I tell everyone it is the sport edition) My EOS 10D arrived this week so I had to get out and test it out. I'm not sure what I enjoyed more the new toy or seeing the great outdoors. I definitely will be exploring more of the Middle Fork area. More about me. I have lived in Snoqualmie the last 3 years. Last summer my family was able to go camping at Lake Chelan, Easten, Conlonial Creek, and Rainier. We have 3 kids (10, 7, & 4) with number 4 due in June. This year I hope to get out and explore more of this beautiful area. Anyone looking for hiking partners?
Can anyone help me identify this?

Blindie
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 5:36 pm 
Welcome Blindie! Whoa, a 10D user, I'm jealous. Just curious, what kind of lens are you using?

blindie

blindie
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 6:11 pm 
I am using a 75-300 and a 28-105 I have had for about 10 years. My film body is an EOS 10s. For the last year I have been shooting mostly with a Powershot S40 only getting the SLR gear out for special events. (I used like 6 rolls of film) I captured some great shots with that point and shoot camera but it did change my style. (hard to run up close enough to photograph animals) smile.gif What do you shoot with? You have some great shots on your web site.

Blindie
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 6:52 pm 
Welcome blindie. My first thought on the blossom is a variety of Huckleberry. Just a guess tho. NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 7:02 pm 
Thanks blindie. I got into photography about 3 years ago, starting with a Canon S100 and moving up to a G2 a year or so later (with a brief Pro90 stint in-between). My dream backpacking camera would be a 4MP Pro90 (w/ 10x image stabilized lens) but after waiting 2+ years it looks like Canon isn't going to fill that niche and plans to corner the DSLR market instead. How do you find the 1.6 crop factor on your 28mm lens? Do you think it's too narrow? If I get a 10D I will probably go with the 28-135 IS and a 20mm prime.

blindie

blindie
PostSat Apr 19, 2003 2:17 pm 
The crop factor has not been a problem for the 28-105. It would be noticeable with a 35 mm lens though. an IS lens would be nice. After I recover from the purchase of the 10D I'm torn between the 180 macro and the 100-400 to replace my 75 - 300.
10D @ 300 mm. Cropped to 600x400
10D @ 300 mm. Cropped to 600x400

Blindie