Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > "The Core"
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostTue Apr 22, 2003 7:43 pm 
Calling all geology afficianados, recently saw this totally believable film suuure.gif and would like your opinions on the science depicted in it. I've read somewhere that some of the seemingly far-fetched stuff shown is, at least in theory, possible. I won't give out any major spoilers to those who still want to see it. I did find it helpful how well-lit the Earth's interior is, making it very easy to follow the story- somehow I've always figured it to be kinda pitch-black down there.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark

Quark
PostThu Apr 24, 2003 10:32 pm 
Plenty of light gets in through the volcano holes.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Apr 24, 2003 10:42 pm 
Since the light from the sun = heat, then wouldn't heat from the center of the earth = light? I mean, it's just common sense that anyone in Hollywood ought to know. biggrin.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Apr 25, 2003 7:57 am 
I saw that while I was in Az. Fun movie, but turbo (diesel) silly! At one time they were traveling hundreds of miles per hour within the earth! SURE BUDDY! biggrin.gif winksmile.gif dizzy.gif shakehead.gif biggrin.gif TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostFri Apr 25, 2003 4:29 pm 
Yeah but, would there be light if there wasn't anyone around to see it? hihi.gif BPJ, I can instantly understand traveling thru the Earth at hypospeeds- what I didn't comprehend was their ability to go outside the core ship in flimsy-looking spacesuits and make repairs! Wasn't it mentioned like 10 minutes before that that the outside pressure was like 600,000 lbs per square inch & kinda toasty as well? Besides that though I bought the whole thing. suuure.gif

Volcano Breath

Volcano Breath
PostFri Apr 25, 2003 5:51 pm 
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
Yeah but, would there be light if there wasn't anyone around to see it? hihi.gif BPJ, I can instantly understand traveling thru the Earth at hypospeeds- what I didn't comprehend was their ability to go outside the core ship in flimsy-looking spacesuits and make repairs! Wasn't it mentioned like 10 minutes before that that the outside pressure was like 600,000 lbs per square inch & kinda toasty as well? Besides that though I bought the whole thing. suuure.gif
Hell, I haven't seen the movie, but judging by the various impressions from you folks....sure, I buy it.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster