Forum Index > Trail Talk > Upper Granite lake Skagit Co
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bhamguy

Bhamguy
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 8:11 pm 
A friend and I have been wanting to hike in to Upper Granite lake to do some flyfishing. Has anyone been up there recently, I've heard that it is about a 7mile hike but one report I read said the trail was nothing more than an overgrown bear run. I dont mind a tough hike, but i dont want to end up in underbrush and keep losing the trail. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 10:34 pm 
Recently, well two years ago. There is around a 6+ mile road march. You MUST know where to find the road that leads to the very short trail to the upper and lower granite Mtn lakes. The road off of the Cascade River road is very difficult to find. Once found that old logging road will lead to straight to the group of four lakes. You should have a competent 4x4 to get you as far up the road as possible. There is a new washout that will prevent you from getting as far up the road as before. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bhamguy

Bhamguy
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 11:10 pm 
Upper Granite Lake Skagit Co
thanks for the reply backpk joe. What you are basically saying is drive up the road as far as u can with a 4X. then hike in from there, How is the road condition from there to the lakes

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 12:16 am 
I haven't been up there but I've heard the road is now gated at the bottom. I'm not sure how long that leaves the hike, but it is definitely longer then it used to be.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bhamguy

Bhamguy
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 1:04 am 
I have heard it is gated also, but I have also heard that Crown Pacific will loan hikers a key to the gate. This info comes from a friend of a friend, when i get some confirmed info i will post it on here