Forum Index > Trail Talk > Local Trailhead Breakins
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Lead Dog

Lead Dog
PostWed Apr 30, 2003 11:19 am 
Trailhead thefts
I'm sorry everyone, but due to budget cuts in Olympia the trailheads are no longer under 24 hour surveilance. They are now training red neck deer to watch your stuff. The sign will now read "This trailhead under buck watch all crooks will be horned" ha.gif biggrin.gif

My hair's turning white, my neck's always been red, my collor's still blue. Lynard Skynard
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostWed Apr 30, 2003 11:32 am 
I'm curious. If the crooks get caught in the act of breaking into a vehicle and they don't have a trail pass. Do they get a $5, $30, or $50 ticket? confused.gif BW biggrin.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
kiliki

kiliki
PostWed Apr 30, 2003 11:34 am 
These tips are good ones to follow all the time. I've never had my truck broken into at a trailhead but it's been broken into three times in Seattle and Kirkland, and I've made it a habit to never leave anything in it, no matter where I am parked, even in front of my house. A cop told me one time that thieves go for clothes, even if they are just old sweatshirts lying on the seat. That was his experience talking to victims of car break ins.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Apr 30, 2003 4:57 pm 
I've been doing this here hiking thing for (driving) 22 years. I've never been broken into. From old junker Ford Maverek, to my built up Jeep Cherokee. I've been lucky. I'm going to come up with a very good shut off switch for my turbo diesel land cruiser before I leave it at a trailhead. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln