Forum Index > Trip Reports > Iron Peak & Goat Lake
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JimK

JimK
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 10:16 pm 
It was a busy weekend as I got in 22 miles. Full reports are up for both trips but it will be a few days before I have photos posted. This was my first trip to Goat Lake on the rebuilt old Elliot Creek trail. I often hiked the old trail before it was abondoned. I have a few complaints but over all the trail is quite nice. The road over Barlow Pass is completely snow free. The trail is also now snow free to the lake. The scramble season in the Teanaway is now open. Within a week or so the road will be bare to at least Beverly campground. The trip up Iron was a great snowshoe climb. The glissade coming down will keep a smile on my face for weeks. I did this trip on April 20th last year. In 2002 there was much more snow down low. I drove over 2 miles further up the North Fork Teanaway this year. Up high, there was more snow this year. Last year I easily found the summit register. This year it was buried deep under snow. It will be interesting to see if this is true all over the Cascades. Here are links to the stories. Check back again to see photos in a few days. Goat Lake Iron Peak

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
JimK

JimK
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 6:20 pm 
I have posted 30 photos of the Iron Peak hike. I had a hard time cutting it down to "only" 30. Go to the link above.

JimK

JimK
PostSun May 04, 2003 2:57 pm 
I have finally posted 20 photos from my Goat Lake hike. Go to the link shown above.