Forum Index > Gear Talk > MSR MiniWorks/WaterWorks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 12:43 pm 
Anyone know what the differences are other than weight & price? Looks like they filter at the same rate. Thanks NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Mar 02, 2003 9:54 am 
While surfing the net looking at said filters I came accross a site that had the MiniWorks listed as a Cascade Designs product. I sent an email to them saying I thought it was and MSR product. They responded that MSR & Cascade Designs had joined forces. I know that MSR had acquired MOSS but I didn't know that MSR was an REI company. So who will buy Cascade Designs? TNF? This all happened back in 2001. hmmmm MSR/Cascade Designs NN confused.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
marzsit
Dork

marzsit
Dork
PostSun May 04, 2003 2:38 am 
cascade designs purchased msr from rei in august of 2001. as far as i know, nobody is planning on buying cdi anytime soon... msr had been an rei company since 1981. the waterworks has an extra membrane filter that the miniworks does not have. it is also heavier and larger..

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun May 04, 2003 3:44 pm 
marzsit wrote:
cascade designs purchased msr from rei in august of 2001. as far as i know, nobody is planning on buying cdi anytime soon... msr had been an rei company since 1981. the waterworks has an extra membrane filter that the miniworks does not have. it is also heavier and larger..
I've had a miniworks for years and am happy with it. It is very easy to clean in the field. It is a smidge on the heavy side. Cascade/MSR is not currently for sale. Also so far the brands have not merged. They are still housed in their respective buildings though the MSR repair desk is with the CD repair desk in the south building, the one that was the OLD MSR building before they moved into their current space.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods