Forum Index > Trip Reports > GreenLakes Trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri May 02, 2003 5:14 pm 
I really, really needed a good hike at this point-I haven't had a good hike since my birthday on March 1st! Along with the stress of moving from a laid back island lifestyle to living in a urban, concrete world, I haven't had the time or energy to hike bawl.gif Then this week I had the brilliant idea of checking out the 3 state parks near the house. All went well, and I was getting a nice workout doing the strolls there until I decided to visit West Hybelos State Park in Federal Way. It was the middle of the afternoon on a sunny afternoon, and we were about halfway around the boardwalk loop when across the wetland I could hear violent cussing and then a handgun go off paranoid.gif paranoid.gif paranoid.gif paranoid.gif At that point I grabbed Ford (my son) and I ran faster than I think I have ever ran in my life. I didn't even blink before I started running-I didn't want to know what was going on. I hit the truck going so fast, we didn't have our seatbelts on till we hit the pavement. This made me very upset and I found excuses to sit in the house all week - like "the boxes need to be unpacked". Finally, today, I knew I had to get out there and reclaim MY RIGHT TO BE ON THE TRAIL!! But being new to this area, I had NO idea where to go, and then I rembered Karen's hike o' the week from 2 weeks ago about Greenwater lakes in the Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie NF up on Hwy 410. THANK YOU!! It was just what I needed-waterfalls, a river, trillums popping out, and a ton of birds. In a healthy forest with a ton of sunlight smile.gif It was perfect-me and the kid got good and muddy, saw a few other friday suckers (I love hiking on fridays-just me and the senior citizens!) A totally nice early season hike, it was just relaxing! That and I think I found a new area to hike! (Ah, I will miss hiking near Mt. Baker and Hwy 20 though!) I feel like me again biggrin.gif My gaiters are muddy and I know the Mts will be open soon.....

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostFri May 02, 2003 7:41 pm 
"I feel like me again My gaiters are muddy" Ah, it doesn't get any better... McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri May 02, 2003 7:45 pm 
Life is good when the mud is gooey biggrin.gif I can only hope for a sunny day next week wink.gif

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostFri May 02, 2003 7:52 pm 
Same here. I haven't been out for a month now, had two engines (2.8s) in both Blazers to install, gad they take forever to take out and put a new one back in. My last outing was Mar 31s. see: Dashing Little Waters and last post in the Rainbow topic. I now have cabin fever <grin>. McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri May 02, 2003 7:55 pm 
And it didn't help that I stopped at the ranger station in Enumclaw and got loaded up with info on more places to go eek.gif Oh, my hurting wallet....Those rangers know how to fleece me every time!!!! And now I have SEVER cabin fever too!!

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostSun May 04, 2003 11:12 am 
greenwater
Hey Sarbar! funny, I've done that hike off of 410 and we heard gunshots there... eek.gif Pretty hike to some nice lakes though. How you likin your new digs?

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun May 04, 2003 11:44 am 
I'm loving them Dicentra! I'm to the point where I am ready to go, be on the trail exploring-not at home looking at boxes biggrin.gif Hehheh!! Nice to see you on these forums!

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostSun May 04, 2003 11:53 am 
Yeah, I should tell you the story about how I found this place sometime (off the forums of course) You'd get a good laugh... baaa.gif dizzy.gif biggrin.gif I haven't gotten to do much hiking yet this year because of all the field trips for school and work, but I am still looking forward to meeting you (and the others) this summer.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun May 04, 2003 11:55 am 
I'll be waiting tongue.gif - I think we'll have some good stories for around the bp stove wink.gif

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostMon May 05, 2003 8:34 am 
definitely! I can't wait to get out there!!! June 15, baby, June 15! dizzy.gif Dunno where I'll be living yet, but hey, I'll be in the Oly's so who cares! biggrin.gif Looks like we might have one more (from these forums) that may want to join our group. Its going to be such a fantastic hiking year!

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon May 05, 2003 8:37 am 
Cool! Now to get off me butt and go check the food dehydrator-Synchro and me have been having WAY too much fun with our new foodsaver food vac sealer, and our dehydrator......I'm so ready for summer biggrin.gif

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostMon May 05, 2003 10:33 am 
Wrong Bridge had a post looking for hiking partners near the Oly's coast, so I am thinking she could join us for our big trip. I'll be out at the Hoh this weekend. biggrin.gif um, working, yeah that's it...working! lol.gif

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon May 05, 2003 10:37 am 
I'm sure you'll be working hard ha.gif Breathing all that fresh air........Darn you!!! biggrin.gif

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostMon May 05, 2003 2:42 pm 
We usually get rained on when I go along... yet, they still take me for some reason. winksmile.gif Guess I shouldn't tell you that next week I get to go up in the Wind River Canopy Crane and to Mt.St. Helens (on its eruption anniversary)!! (rub rub) biggrin.gif wink.gif Got lots planned between now and June, but NO backpacking plans...I'm going to try and do a day hike after class on Thursday (I haven't been *real* hiking since february! eek.gif ) and I have one free weekend at the end of this month, so I'm hoping...Maybe Ingalls creek. I missed out on doing that one last year and the flowers are supposed to be incredible.