Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lookout Mountain/Cle Elum Ridge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon May 05, 2003 12:32 pm 
Lookout Mountain (USGS Teanaway) I went out with McKenna (2.5 years old) this day letting the wife have a quiet day at home with our new mellow son. We headed off east toward Lookout Mountain just east of Cle Elum. We followed the roads on the map and parked at a radio facility. From here on to the top we followed private roads and then followed a trail that starts in the NW corner of the mountain and skirts the north rim of the peak looking at the Stuart range. I was surprised to see quite a few deer and elk. In fact, I even told McKenna to keep an eye out for zebras and monkeys so she wouldn’t fall asleep in the backpack. It worked. I love this part of fatherhood where I can mold a mind! Two hours round trip. Cle Elum Ridge (USGS Teanaway Butte) McKenna and I then went to do the the prominent peak on Cle Elum Ridge following Jeff Howbert’s trip directions from 1991. We started out in a brand new development just outside of Roslyn by a gate and followed the roads to the top. On top of a rock pile McKenna and I ate pink and white Circus Animal Cookies and apple juice while looking out at the now cloud enshrouded Stuart range. I tried to get McKenna to say the word “balsamroot” to no avail. On the way down, three motorcycles passed us by, to where McKenna said, “Daddy I want motorcycle.” 2.5 hours round trip. Stefan 5/3/2003

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark

Quark
PostMon May 05, 2003 3:06 pm 
She did not say "Daddy I want a motorcycle," she said, "Daddy, teach me how to use a water-filter," but you refused to hear the truth.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Larry

Larry
PostMon May 05, 2003 5:00 pm 
No, I think she meant, "Daddy, I want a motorcycle by the time I'm 12. If you do that for me, I'll put off the tattoos until I'm 15." winksmile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message