Forum Index > Trail Talk > Tribute scramble for Edd
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jeff R
Closet hiker.

Jeff R
Closet hiker.
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 9:32 am 
Several of us are planning on a tribute scramble to honor Edd on Sunday. I believe this will be helpful in the healing process and also to feel close to him after this tragedy. During this time we will be placing the new Ed Miller traveling summit register. I'm thinking that Ed deserves his own memorial register and thread to keep everyone in the know. Just like the NWHTSR except it would be named Ed Miller's Traveling Summit Register Memorial. I would like to include a picture of Ed, date of birth and passing date along with a brief history on a cover page. I would like to have it with me at the memorial services on Saturday and have the option to pass it around and let people give it a Breath and Heart Prayer. It would also like to have the register available for those that would like to write something in it. I believe this is the best way to honor Ed and keep his Spirit alive in our Hearts and minds. -naturealbeing For the scramble we have chosen Big snow a place where everyone can be surrounded by beauty, tranquility, and peace while remembering and celebrating the life of a great person- Ed miller. This will be a challenging scramble but nothing more than class 2 and take most of the day. Hopefully there will be adequate time for reflection while on the summit before heading down. We will be meeting at 6am at : exit 34 by the gas stations, or you can meet us at the TH It would be good to try and car pool with a high clearance vehicle. If anyone is interested please post in this thread if you will be joining. I really think Ed would be touched by this tribute. So far the folks going are: myself dicey Mesahachie Mark naturealbeing Tazz Action Betty Pepper steak’ n Ale? Dayhikemike? Tom?

Ebrace life!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 9:37 am 
I'm in.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 9:52 am 
Quark wrote:
I'm in.
I do have a high clearance 4WD rig with brand new tires; I can haul packs in the bed to free up passenger room in another vehicle & take one passenger, maybe two (fake back seat in the truck).

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 9:54 am 
Thread drift
Quote:
(fake back seat in the truck).
Oh don't you love those! you can only fit one butt cheek rolleyes.gif back to the subject biggrin.gif

Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 10:23 am 
Here are a few more TRs and pics for those who have not researched or know the peak yet. Like me biggrin.gif TR TR Tom's TR

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 10:28 am 
Excellent choice! I know Ed and Dayhike Mike climbed Big Snow together a couple years ago and had a great time. Here is one of my favorite pictures from their trip.
Unfortunately I will not be able to join this time, but it will be an honor to retrieve and place the register on another peak at some future date, in memory of Ed.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 10:38 am 
Jeff, I'd love to go, both in memory of Ed, and because of the great group of people involved, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to come along. Take care and enjoy the views of Gold and the MFK for me!

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Jeff R
Closet hiker.

Jeff R
Closet hiker.
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 10:48 am 
Tom and Mike- I am sorry you won't be there with us in body but will be in spirit. You guys have a safe trip and we will be thinking about you. Thank you for your well wishs, it means a lot. It will be very special knowing that we will be standing in the same area Ed once did while on the summit of Big snow.

Ebrace life!
Meander
J Prettymountain

Meander
J Prettymountain
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 10:53 am 
That is such a good idea, leaving Ed Miller's memory atop the peaks of the northwest. I love it. I'll always be wondering where he is and where he's going next. I can't go this time around, but look forward to participating in the future.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 10:54 am 
Jeff... Scratch that. I'm coming along. I'll be there. I'll be needing to ride in someone else's vehicle, but this is something I just can't miss. Thanks for putting it together...

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 10:55 am 
SWEET!!!

Jeff R
Closet hiker.

Jeff R
Closet hiker.
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 11:00 am 
Mike- You are more than welcome to ride with me in the Cherokee.

Ebrace life!
H. Hound

H. Hound
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 11:06 am 
For those that haven't been up there, here are some fairly current pics of the section from upper Hardscrabble to the ridge. In my opnion, it's the only steep section and really not that bad.
From 7-20 06 - A close up of the gap. I expect the snow is long gone. There may be some snow on the back side, but that side is mostly a slab walk.
From 7-20 06 - A close up of the gap. I expect the snow is long gone. There may be some snow on the back side, but that side is mostly a slab walk.
The red line is how I usually go. It's the only steep section, other that the summit block. Neither is bad.
The red line is how I usually go. It's the only steep section, other that the summit block. Neither is bad.

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 12:02 pm 
I'll do a repeat for Ed. Count me in. I have a high clearance rig and can take one person comfortably and two people can ride in the extended cab with a bit less comfort. -- Randy

Edd's Brother

Edd's Brother
PostFri Aug 11, 2006 12:16 pm 
summit register
You guys are AWESOME. I cannot think of a better way to honor Ed. Rick