Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lake 22, 4/10/03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat May 10, 2003 10:57 pm 
Headed to Lake 22 today with Stomp. Got to a moderately crowded parking lot at the trailhead around 10:30, and proceeded to blaze on up...until I realized how out of shape I am, and resultingly cranked it down a notch. The sun poked it's ugly face out just in time to ruin my photo opps of the waterfalls along 22 Creek, which we spent a considerable time soaking up. Made the lake by 12:30 and ate some lunch on the muddy, muddy shore. The lake is still at least 80% frozen and there is quite a bit of snow on Pilchuck, but unfortunately, we didn't witness any avalanches. frown.gif On the way down, we stopped at the rest of the waterfalls we didn't hit on the way up (due to bad lighting), and much to my displeasure, just as I packed my camera firmly in the bottom of my bag, the clouds move over presenting better lighting. mad.gif I was firmly peaved at Ma Nature at this point, and decided rather vulgarly to come back later. Time from the lake back to the car was about 45 minutes. The oddity of the hike occured shortly after crossing 22 Creek on the way down. We returned from checking out the lowest falls on the creek, and noticed a large building on a bluff between 22 Creek and the Highway (presulably accessed from Mt. Pilchuck Road). In the background, there were at least two buffalo (or bison) roaming in a field. Needless to say, this struck both of us as odd. No bug problems to speak of, the recent trail work was nicely done, however there were still oodles of mudholes on the trail (particularly near the lake and at the ends of the new puncheons), and there was still a little bit of snow on the trail at the lake. Two trees across the trail, both near the trailhead, one was a walk under, the other required ducking slightly.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun May 11, 2003 8:17 am 
Lake 22 is a nice hike smile.gif Went up there last in November-and muddy it is!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message