Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Haunted Hikes part Two
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
haunted hiker

haunted hiker
PostTue Aug 15, 2006 7:57 am 
Hi, I'm the author of Haunted Hikes and I just found this fantastic forum. I live in California but I love hiking in the Pacific NW and I'm fascinated by the history surrounding many of your trails. I took a trip to the PNW while I was researching my book and learned some cool stuff about Olympic, Crater Lake, Rainier and Oregon Caves...but I know there is MUCH more out there! confused.gif I'd love to read more stories like the ones you posted in Full Moon Saloon under the thread "haunted hikes." If you are a "haunted hiker" with a story to share post here but I'd also appreciate it if you emailed the story to me directly through my website hauntedhiker.com I am collecting reader stories and photos which I will be posting by Halloween and I may want to ask you for more details, location etc. Also I have a photography page called the Yugen Gallery where I share photographs people have taken that capture the mysterious side of nature. There are some shots of Olympic on the site. Andrea "andy" Lankford

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue Aug 15, 2006 12:43 pm 
Scary
Hi, I believe that Daryl & Greg et al of Underground Explorations ran into a scary place out of the Chiwawa drainage once. There is a ghost up there that showed up in the photos.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
silvi

silvi
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 5:31 pm 
Welcome, Andrea. I haven't encountered an ghosts or ghouls while hiking, but I enjoy the history and legends. One of my favorites is of "Action" Bob Jackson actually seeing bigfoot in Yellowstone! If anyone would know if they were out there, he would. (If I could spend an exclusive weekend on an island with 5 other people, he would be the first one I would invite, if he's still living)

When humans manipulate the data to fit the situation, it is called "theory." When wolves manipulate the data to fit the situation, it is called "dinner." You can't eat theory. Therefore, wolves are smarter than humans.