Forum Index > Trip Reports > Ebey's Landing Bluff Trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed May 14, 2003 12:09 pm 
This is one of those trails that I have hiked maybe 50, 60 or 70 times in my life. And yet, if I had only one trail to hke it would be this trail! I had to be up on Whidbey Island his week to do family duties and I was losing it mentally, so I ran this morning as fast as I could away from my family and hit the trail. The sun was just coming out (it was I think not even 8 am) and the Olympic Mts. were clearing. And an awesome wind the whole way. I usually start at the beach TH, climb the bluff, do the bluff, drop down to the beach and hike back along Perego lagoon till I hit the beach again. Was nice to see Perego Laggon alost completeky full again-last summer the lagoon was almost dried up frown.gif I saw so many birds, a ton of sandpipers and 2 very loud geese smile.gif It always amazes me that very few take the lagoon trail-it is starting to get hard to find it in some areas, due to driftwood being spit up from the beach the last 2 years. What did intrest me was all the rock cairns were gone from the lagoon trail - there was this, hmmm, how shoul I put it, homeless mentally odd man, who had found his calling in prying up rocks out of the middle of the trail (leaving huge ankle twister holes!!) and building piles of balanced rocks on driftwood. ne time 2 years ago I accidentally woke the guy up-I almost stepped on him while clambering over the driftwood biggrin.gif But, what a good morning! It relaxed me, I got a nice workout, awesome views, clean air and as a bonus: all the wildflowers are just starting to pop out! Te wild rhodies are also blooming all over the island too smile.gif Sometimes, the familiar is just perfect!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message