Forum Index > Trail Talk > Enchantment Permits
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Mar 07, 2003 9:30 pm 
Yep, but the waterfalls might be better earlier tho...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostSat Mar 08, 2003 1:32 pm 
Maybe. But you know you're a peak bagger, just admit it. biggrin.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Mar 08, 2003 1:43 pm 
OK, just don't call me a climber though. You know I'm afraid to go above treeline and shun high tech clothing. lol.gif

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostSat Mar 08, 2003 2:10 pm 
wink.gif

Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 10:47 pm 
Just got my Enchantments permit for Aug. 26th-Aug.30th. The NWHiker Enchantments Extravaganza '02 currently reads: Backpacker Joe- 8/25-8/29 Dave Weyrick- 8/26-8/30 Salish- 8/28-8/31 Cascade Hiker- 8/28-9/2 Don Wicklund (Hi-Laker)- 8/24-8/31 Anyone else in this time slot? Might be fun to plan a get-together...say on the evening of the 28th or the morning of the 29th...maybe close to this view- only with green larch needles; or maybe on Prussik Pass?
Crystal Larch
Crystal Larch

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 2:25 am 
So who wants to take me? biggrin.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 3:10 am 
Looks like I'm with SF on this one. Sounds like our group has singlehandedly secured the entirety of the Enchantments for that one weekend and I read about the start of the permitting far too late to join in the festivities. Anyone looking for a Bard to join their band of travelers? It's been a good 15 years since I last slept in the Enchantments... SF -- If worse comes to worst, we can swing through and visit the lot of them with day packs. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
salish

salish
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 10:58 am 
Might work for me, Dave. I'm going to try and get my crew to Leavenworth on Wed. night, Aug. 27th, so we can get an early start instead of having to drive all the way over from Seattle the same morning. Only I'm still not sure if I will head in via Snow Lake or via Ingalls Way. Either way, maybe I'll bring a flag to put atop my tent so people will recognize me up there. Cliff
Dave Weyrick wrote:
Just got my Enchantments permit for Aug. 26th-Aug.30th. The NWHiker Enchantments Extravaganza '02 currently reads: Backpacker Joe- 8/25-8/29 Dave Weyrick- 8/26-8/30 Salish- 8/28-8/31 Cascade Hiker- 8/28-9/2 Anyone else in this time slot? Might be fun to plan a get-together...say on the evening of the 28th or the morning of the 29th...maybe close to this view- only with green larch needles?

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostThu Mar 13, 2003 6:27 pm 
Cliff: The Enchantments will truly rock this August. I'm not sure why you'd want to go in by Ingallls Way though. If you want to do Crystal Creek, you might consider two cars, parking one at the Ingalls Creek TH and the other at Snow Creek. That way you could do a traverse and go out the easier Snow Creek trail. Just a thought. I'm looking forward to seeing you up there. up.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
salish

salish
PostThu Mar 13, 2003 7:12 pm 
Dean, When it's all said and done, we'll probably just go up Snow Lake, but we love Ingalls way so much we were thinking about that. If we do go in from Ingalls we'll leave a car at the Snow Lake TH. I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks, Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
bill clinton

bill clinton
PostThu May 22, 2003 10:02 am 
hello i have enchantment permit for aug 25th thru aug 29th. I was wondering if I could join you for your gettogether up there? smile.gif confused.gif cool.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Monica

Monica
PostThu May 22, 2003 11:11 am 
Eh... it sucks up there.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster