Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lake Talapus & Olallie
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 29, 2003 4:14 pm 
Well, I know this is all a hike you locals probably scoff at, but having lived North for so many years, I had never hiked in the Alpine Wilderness before-lets put it this way: before tuesday when I hiked Rattlesnake Ledge with Dicentra, I had never even been on I-90. We Islanders like to stay where we are...but moving forced me to find new areas to hike...OH DARN!! So anyhoo, Ford and me went and did the lakes today and had a very good time. The snow is basically gone till about a 1/4 mile past Talapus Lake-even at that point it is mostly picking over it, there is a very confusing stretch though that a newbie could easily get turnmed around on, as the snow goes on forever! After we hit the junction for Pratt, the snow pretty much stopped, though when we hit Olallie Lake, it was gorgeous! The lake is still 75-85% frozen and it was a very serene lunch that me and the kid had. We were lucky and got the lake to ourselves, the other groups had already come down. As a side note: met a really dork of a jerk on the TH parking lot who obbesively called (and very loudly I might add) on his cell phone to complain about 2 ladies who had their brain dead dog running around the parking lot off leash shakehead.gif I have no idea who he was calling but was reporting "a crime in progress and gave their license plate" DUDE!!! GET A FREAKING LIFE!!!! Put it this way-I'd rather have a big dumb ol' doggie slobbering on me than some dork loudly blabbing on his cell phone. This same guy caught up to me and my son on the trail and impatiently waited for me and the kid to cross the narrow footlog that is about ready to fall in the creek! My kid is 5, my opion is:you gonna stand there and wait till we get over even it corks you to stand there winksmile.gif I kept waiting for the guy to whip out his cell phone "I'd like to report a crime of slowness in progress!" Heehee Eh, but it was a very nice day and a very nice hike otherwise! The trilliums are opening and the hornets are coming out-along with some very pathetic camp robbers....that pathetic face aint ever going to get any food wink.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
foggy

foggy
PostThu May 29, 2003 4:26 pm 
Hey Sarbar, Guess who? Won't be that difficult to figure out hockeygrin.gif I love these emoticons here. clown.gif Beautiful pictures you emailed me. The pic you have here reminds me of Silver Lake, off of the Mt. Townsend trail.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 29, 2003 4:47 pm 
Hey L.! Yeah, even the forest reminded me of the forest going up to Mt. Townsend/Silver lakes. I hope to redo that one this year and not get so "bearanoid" after seeing so many piles of fresh scat biggrin.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.