Forum Index > Trail Talk > Sunday!! 11-12-06
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostThu Nov 09, 2006 6:56 pm 
I have the day off... for an engagement party later that day. So, I have till 8pm to go hiking! Yay!!! Ok... so... where would you like to go? To-do list of hikes possible (maybe) to do right now: Alta Mountain Hibox Peak (probably in summer tho) Alaska Lake Melakwa lakes Mount Baring Rampart lakes Johnson ridge to Joan lake

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostSat Nov 11, 2006 6:42 pm 
Ok... well if anyone wants to hike anywhere at all.... please pm me before 10pm or so and leave your phone #.

ree

ree
PostSat Nov 11, 2006 10:35 pm 
The problem is, godly one... Some of us feel that it is we who must fully accommodate you if we agree to a hiking outing with you. For example, it has to be this particular day, not before 8 am, but back before 4 pm, and it has to be to this particular place, AND you expect after someone who has been willing accommodate all of your requirements, to drive. It's kind of a lot to ask of someone. Maybe you'd get more takers if you appeared more flexible and willing to accommodate others. No disrespect. Just a suggestion. smile.gif

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 12:01 am 
I don't feel i'm being that demanding. I gave a list of hikes i'd like to do but would be willing to do ANY other hike anyone else wanted to do. I'd do a short 1/2 mile walk to a stream or on the other hand a 7 mile rigorous hike with 3,000 feet of elevation gain to a peak. I'm really rather flexable. My only thing is that I've never gotten a license. I'll take a bus though to wherever someone is if I have to. I'd learn how to drive if I had any vollunteer teachers... but I don't. So until someone vollunteers to teach... I won't be driving. That's just something I have to live with. I don't care what time the hike starts. If someone was a real early bird i'd accomodate them and be at the trailhead by 5am. If someone wanted to sleep in till 10am... then fine with me. The only reason that one day I said it should be later was because I was tired. If someone really had to do it early I would. I just want to hike. I'll hike on any hike. It doesn't matter. It's getting out that counts. And by the way... I found a hiking partner.

ree

ree
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 9:19 am 
Good for you! I'm glad you found someone to hike with you. Really, Godly, you may be more flexible than you appear. It's just that posts like these put up too many hoops for potential partners to jump through.
GodlyLittleHikerGirl wrote:
Would like to do a shorter dayhike to see some fall colors. Nothing too fancy. I don't want it to be long for the reason that these past few weeks at work have been killing me and I don't want to have to start the hike too early. 9am or 10am would be perfect. So, if anyone is interested in a fall colors hike... pm me. Oh, and I live around Lynnwood... so you may want to take that into consideration too.
Why doesn't your boyfriend teach you to drive??? Doesn't he drive? Or maybe one of his friends??

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostSun Nov 12, 2006 7:06 pm 
*sigh* Because he is too busy with his security job at the mall and the crazy hours they give him. We barely have enough time to see each other even though we live together! frown.gif