Forum Index > Trip Reports > Seward Park (aka. Dog Mania)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
CampChamp

CampChamp
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 8:31 am 
Well, some friends last week begged my wife and I to go to the Furry Five K. Said we'd love it - we're dog lovers and love to do things for our Tom-Tom. (2 and half year old Boxer). So I gave in and decided to sacrifice what I knew was going to be a beautiful hiking day to go give Tommy some social time with 2500 other doggies. Never again. We got there around 9 AM and it was already swarming with people and animals of every shape and every size. I love to people-watch, but even more, I love to dog-watch. It was so much fun! ... For the first half hour or so. Little did I know that we were going to try and meet up with four other doggies owners - and that they would all be late! I could hardly find my wife standing ten feet away from me. Finding four strangers I'd never met was impossible... Anyway, I began to get quite frazzled as I tried to keep Tom-Tom from pulling my arm out of it's socket and wait around. He just wanted to run and play. It was pretty fun though, and I probably would do it again - if begged. But I'd still rather be hiking.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
CampChamp

CampChamp
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 10:22 am 
TOTALLY! We even joked about that sign as I ran Tommy up the slippery-slide. I have a great photo of him doing the "doo" right in front of one of those "Leash-Curb and pick up after your pet" signs. It would have been great if I could have just gone off with my dog and not had to stand around waiting for all those dang people. The race would have been better too - instead of the walk.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message