Forum Index > Trip Reports > Sasquach hunting on the HArrison river
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kitimat 2000

kitimat 2000
PostMon Jun 16, 2003 3:58 pm 
biggrin.gif Hello all!!! Spent the weekend at Harrison Hot springs and went on a great ride on a 29foot canoe down the HArrison river. We seen pictographs and a really cool cave that the natives lived in 12,000 years ago. They say that the Harrison is a active Sasquach gathering place, well after hearing the stories I was getting a little nervous!! Check out the site Salamander's Eco tours

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 16, 2003 4:35 pm 
Cool. Did you catch, see, hear, feel any Sasquaches? TB doh.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kitimat2000

kitimat2000
PostMon Jun 16, 2003 9:26 pm 
rumour has it there was a sasquach...
The guides had claimed that 2 weeks prior to our trip that they heard something in the bush. The next day with a rep. from Kokanee at the same spot they heard something again. The Rep. say's "it must be a crane" hmmmm Crane's don't live in the forest, next he says it must be the wind.......All three men looked up and there was no wind. They say every four years they come together to mate..... I;m definetly going next year. You get 20.00 dollars off a tour with a Kokanee booklet from beer cases, just show the book and your done.

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostMon Jun 16, 2003 11:43 pm 
Would like to believe it exists, but taint no such beast. The family has been living here in Western Washington for 5 generations (all mountain & river folk). McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
polarbear-

polarbear-
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 12:23 am 
I believe a squatch lives up near South Cascade Lake. They make loud noises and I have heard them.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 6:35 am 
I saw tracks in snow on an off-route road on Mt. Washington which were elongated and looked like a huge bare foot with toes and no claws eek.gif . Maybe they live in watershed. In actuality, I think it was just bear tracks that got melted out. doh.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 8:16 am 
I have a great friend who believes they exist, but he has no SOUND evidence, except for the stuff we see over and over again, and he too has spent his entire life here in our mountains as I and my family have. My assesment: it's all fiction until somebody comes up with a body or skeleton. Further, I know a few oddballs who like to pretend they make sounds like a Bigfoot, seen it done, to spook hikers. McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
foofoofunky

foofoofunky
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 9:49 am 
I don't know what I believe, but my friend's mom said she actually saw one, probably..... 30+ years ago. It crossed in front of their car at night. She swears it! But, who knows.

JayMar

JayMar
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 10:20 am 
I saw sasquatch in Seattle at the Key Arena - he was looking a bit gamey but the Rogain treatments are taking effect and he is getting all his hair back. He can hit a jump shot pretty good. He is back in season sometime late in the year. lol.gif