Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pratt Lake Saddle
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 2:30 pm 
I'm interested in BOTH! Miss. Bar, you know we RARELY have good weather on the 4th weekends... Michael, when do you want to do this? We'd have to leave early in the morning. Mason to Melakwa. Do you want to run much of it? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 2:36 pm 
Eh, what's a little rain? lol.gif Hey I didn't get to tempt the weather gods on Memorial Day Weekend, so I have to tempt them on the 4th winksmile.gif Now if you guys weren't running (AGH!!!! The last time I did a 10K, lastt summer, I told myself I'd never run another trail!) But with very light packs, 17 miles isn't that bad to hike fast-it'd still take less than a days work time biggrin.gif (meaning less than 9 hours wink.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 3:19 pm 
What's your plan Sar? Hike to Thompsoni and spend the night? If not it would make for a long day going to Thompson and over Defience and spend the night at Mason. Where's the second night? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 3:45 pm 
Well, see, lazy butt Sarbar has to get her maps out and start planning lol.gif But the stupid laundry piles and Costco shopping trip I kept ignoring are demanding my time, which if I wanna go hiking tommorow morning I better get done lol.gif I plan on stopping in and talking to the nice rangerette at the North Bend RS tommorow hopefully and getting some ideas smile.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 4:27 pm 
Nah, I'm not a trail runner...I just start on the earlier side, and consistently, persistently make my way to the other end. I enjoy myself when I hike...no frantic paces, unless it's getting dark and I'm really behind schedule. I think the key is taking lots of *short* photo/snack breaks on the way to my various destinations. Once I get to a view or site worthy of a longer break, I take it...soak in the views...take time to go for a swim. I know that I'll get out on the other end at 6-8pm, but we have plenty of daylight and plenty of energy if you just keep going. As far as *when*, I'd be up for it this Sunday if the Foss River trip's on Saturday. I'm still trying to decide on that one...

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 5:54 pm 
What's up with Sat. and the Foss MB? If you really want to do this in a day, I suggest starting EARLY via headlamp. Get rid of most of that road in the dark! When you hit the trail the light should just be coming up! Sar, what are you doing tomorrow? I'd be up for something!!!!!! TB

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 5:59 pm 
If it isn't raining hard (crossing fingers) I am going to retry Snow lake, as I read a report on WTA from yesterday that the trail is more melted out. Darn it, but when I get turned back on a trail, I always go back and try to finish it lol.gif I will probably start as early as I can pull myself out of bed and get to the trailhead. Mmmmm...and I made homemade pasta salad with mesquite chicken in it for my lunch~not lightweight but oh so tasty lol.gif Now this weekend (fri-sunday) we are playing tourists and using up our City Passes in Seattle~an excuse to go places I haven't been since I was a wee kid biggrin.gif